Knowing Me, Knowing You

🌸🌸🌸

Breaking up is never easy I know.

Harry and Erin knew this feeling well. After dating for 6 months they both knew it was easier to let each other go.

Obviously they were both upset and mourning over each other but they knew it was better for the both of them to end it. They remained on speaking terms for a while. Catching up when they both could but it fizzled out after a while. Both becoming busy with their own lives and jobs.

This brings us to now. 5 years later in London Town.

Erin and her beloved friends Becca and Liza were making their way through the streets. Heading for the nearest bar.

Her other dear friend Loz had moved to America. They'd wanted to pursue their acting career which was taking off. The group couldn't be prouder of them.

Becca was married and working in a lawyers office. Content and working hard.

Liza was single but married to her job as a teacher. Something none of the group thought she would ever be. However, she loved it. Imparting wisdom onto the next generation.

Erin had on and off boyfriends throughout the years but nothing ever really stuck. She'd realised that maybe she needed to work on herself for a while. If someone came along during that then great. She wasn't going searching though. The universe would give her what she needed.

"We could go to Rog's." Becca suggested.

"Omg yeah let's go! Haven't been there for a while! When was it? Like.." Liza stopped. Realising the connotations and remembering the last time they were all there together.

"Guys it's been years it's fine." Erin laughed.

She really was fine. She could talk and think about Harry with no issues. The years making it easier to cope.

Erin continued to followed Harry and his career. Although he hadn't released anything for a while, she still supported him from afar. Something that stung pretty bad to begin with. Not being able to celebrate with him on his accomplishments hit her pretty hard, but the longer they were apart the easier it became.

"If you're sure?" Becca glanced over at Erin. Searching for any kind of uncomfortableness.

"Of course I'm sure. Would be nice to see Rog again anyway." Erin smiled back. She really didn't mind at all.
Plus the odds of Harry being anywhere near the bar were so slim.

Or so she thought.

The three of them made their way through the entrance. The old place hadn't changed. Just a new coat of paint and updated furniture but the vibe remained the same.

"It's been over 5 years! How does it look exactly the same?!" Becca asked.

"I like that it's the same. Takes me back you know." Erin announced. She quickly found an empty table and slid onto the seat. Becca and Liza doing the same. They took of their jackets and placed them over the backs of the chairs.

"Wonder where the old man is?" Erin mumbled. Searching around the bar for any signs of Rog.

All of her senses took in the old familiar; The musty smell that never seemed to leave no matter how much Rog cleaned it. The lucky bar stool that no one was allowed to sit on. A rule that Rog made clear to every new patron that walked through the doors.

To the behind the bar. A couple of barmaids busied themselves making drinks and chatting away to customers. Erin smiled to herself but she let her face drop at the sight in front of her.