A bowl of kaldereta to start your day.

The sun woke, rising from its deep slumber as its rays slowly basked the quiet town in its warm embrace

The sun woke, rising from its deep slumber as its rays slowly basked the quiet town in its warm embrace. The sound of birds chirping and wind howling echoed throughout the lonesome streets of encanto, only a few to be seen walking around.

“Good morning, [name]. Up so early?” Señorita Rosa greeted with a tired smile, placing the sack of potatoes down at the side of her stall. The girl nodded, a silent yawn escaping her lips. “Yes, I still have to grab a few things at the market. I want to surprise Señor Roel and Señorita Gracia with food this morning,” she chucked, smiling to herself.

With an exhausted sigh, Rosa wiped her forehead where sweat trickled down. “What can I get ya?”

[name] smiled, “Just seven (7) potatoes will do. Gracias.”

The girl immediately paid right after. Not wanting to ruin her surprise for the couple who took her in. She held the paper bag securely in her hand, grasp tightening as her eyes set upon a familiar figure.

A word wasn’t needed. As their eyes met, the boy ran right after. A grin already on his face as he slowly caught his breath. “Good morning, chica,” he let out a breath, lips curving into a more gentle smile as he coyly greeted the girl in front of him.

“Hello, Madrigal. What got you up in your feet so early?” [name] chuckled at the sight of him standing there bashfully, a timid, toothy grin on his face as she stared at him with amusement. “Couldn’t resist you,” he answered truthfully, a sheepish laugh following right after.

“Camilo, it’s barely five (5) A.M.,” The girl rose an eyebrow in bewilderment. She rarely saw him being so energetic at this time of day, let alone this early. “Your point?” Camilo laughed.

His eyes averted to the paper bag in her hand, pointing to it. “What's that?” He asked, glancing at the girl who stood in front of him with a light smile. [name] perked up at the mention, raising the paper bag slightly. “Ingredients. I’m making beef kaldereta for Señor and Señora Rivera for breakfast,” she answered.

“Can I help?” Camilo asked. The girl smiled, nodding as a response.

The walk back to the shop was silent. Nothing like their usual, loud chatter. It was more soft and peaceful, mimicking the morning they were currently living in. Birds chirped lively, nuzzling onto one another as they sat comfortably on top of the shop’s roof.