Chapter 20

A/N
CHAPTER 20 OML!?!?!
My apologies if I hurt your feelings in any way with the previous chapter... :)
Here's chapter 20 <3
(Short chapter sorry)
-S

"Heartbeat is steady, breathing too."

I open my eyes, the bright light immediately blinding me. I squint them shut again.

"Patient is regaining continuousness." A woman says.

I slowly blink my eyes open.

Everything is blurry but after a while shapes formed.

I look around me, the room is unfamiliar. It's white and blue and kind of empty.

where am I? I look down at my body. It's under a blanket, I can't see it. The only thing sticking out are my arms, there's a bandage around my arm. Am I in a hospital bed?

People are surrounding me. What is going on?

I look down at my hands again, I'm attached to all kind of machines.

"W-wha...." My voice gets stuck in my throat.

"Wher..." my throat burns. It feels like it's on fire. I cough trying to get rid of the feeling.

"The patient is trying to talk, quiet down."

"I-I..." I try again. No words come out no matter how hard I try.

My eyelids get heavy. My breathing starts picking up. I try to talk again, now I can't even get a single syllable out.

I fight to keep my eyes open, but it's no use. Everything goes black and they only thing I can hear is the beeping of the machine slowing down, until I hear nothing at all.

I shoot my eyes open again, the room now empty.

I don't know for how long I was out, could be hours could have been days. Hell, it even could have been weeks.

I sit up, feeling the wires on my arm move.

A sudden wave of dizziness makes me fall back on the bed. My head starts pounding, I hold it, scrunching my eyes shut.

Tears stream down my face, as I silently cry out for it all to stop.

Two woman come running into the room. One is wearing a blue sort of suit and the other a white jacket.

One of them touches my shoulder, I flinch. "Jana." Her voice calls. I turn around on the bed, trying to open my eyes but the light is too bright for my eyes to handle right now.

I try to respond but the pain that emerges in my throat as soon as I open my mouth to talk, makes me slap my hand on my neck. "W-water." My hoarse voice grumbles.

"Sure, Amy can you please go get some water?"

"Of course." She immediately scurries out of the room.

I open my eyes when the woman speaks up again.

"My name's Eliza and I'm going to grab your hand now," The woman warns. "can you squeeze it for me?"

I press down on her warm hand.

"Good job." She smiles, letting go of my hand and it falling to the bed. She writes something down on a clipboard.

At the same time the woman from earlier walks in and hands a glass of water the the other woman.

"Here you go." She says handing it to me.

She helps me hold it as I gulp the water down it once.

"My throat." I point.