Chapter 4 -

Minji smiled at the thought of coming home from a long day. They walked up the driveway to the door. She unlocked the door and turned the lights on. The house itself looked like what some people would call a plantation house.

"This house has been here since 1739."

"It's still just as new. Do you have servants or anything of that sort?"

"Nope. I clean it myself."

"How do you have much free time?"

"I simply just balance my schedule. If you work by a balanced schedule, it really helps."

Jungkook knew that he needed a daily planner, but he also knew that Minji didn't know he was a singer. He made his way upstairs behind her.

"My room is at the far end of this hallway on the right. I'm normally either there, down in the gym, in the dance room, or in the living room. I'm going to the kitchen if you need anything."

With that said, she left leaving Jungkook standing at the doorway of his room. He walked into a quite spacious room. A bed on the far wall with a desk, computer, tv, a bookshelf, closet, and bathroom. He desperately wanted to get out of his school uniform. He went to the closet, picked a simple outfit, and showered. When he got changed, he made his way to the kitchen, but Minji was not there. He went to the dining room where the table was set, but no sign of Minji. He was fixing to turn when he heard a silent hitch of breath followed by a low growl. As he turned around, he screamed falling to the floor.

"Gotcha!"

Minji had managed to scare him. She did a good job as he was very hard to scare. She laughed as she bent down to help him up. She finally managed to catch her breath as he stood with his arms crossed. He ignored the fact that she changed and was going to look for him to tell him that supper was ready.

"Stop scaring me like that. It's not funny. I could've had a heart attack. How would you have felt if would've died?"

"I'm sorry. I just needed the laugh, but you're not getting something."

"Yeah. What's that?"

"I went upstairs and changed after supper was done. I assumed you were finished getting settled so I figured you were lost in the house somewhere. So I really didn't have that last part planned, but I was going to tell you that supper was ready. I swear I didn't plan to scare you until I saw you standing here. I'm glad I was barefooted."

Jungkook smiled fondly at Minji as she stood there looking down and fidgeting with her fingers. She was being generous and needed the laugh and the thanks she got was him being rude. He walked over an patted her head.

"It's ok. I'm sorry for being rude, you just caught me off guard. I knew you needed the laugh and I hope I helped a little bit. Now c'mon. Let's eat. I know your hungry just like I am."

He turned and went to the table and sat and waited for her. Dumbfounded, Minji walked over and sat down. She should've known her would act like a parent after all he is older than her. They sat in silence until her phone rang. Kim Jisoo.

"Hello"

"Finally. Girl where were you? Everyone in Robotics minus the teacher was worried about you. You can't miss without telling me. I won't allow it."

"I had to go to the hospital with my grandmother."

"Oh. Sorry. Is everything okay?"

"She's probably not too far from passing. Her cancer is back and her dementia is getting a lot worse."

Jungkook stopped eating.