Chapter 5 -

Minji, Jisoo, and Jungkook sat in the living room talking about her Aunt Sierra and watching tv until Jisoo and Jungkook decided to call it a night. She sat watching a drama half asleep when her phone rang. Aunt Sierra.

"Hey dear."

"Hey, Aunt Sierra. Is everything ok?"

"Well the doctors told me that I might not last as long as I wanted to and gave me today and tomorrow. Dear, I love you sweetie. All those times I said you and Ji were going to be strippers, I was merely joking around but I was trying to motivate you to make something of yourself. Your mom and dad would be so proud of the fine young lady you have become. Always remember that your Aunt Sierra loves you and will always be in your heart and never left you."

"I love you too Aunt Sierra. If it's not too late, I'll stop by and visit you tomorrow for a more formal goodbye. You've helped me more than you'll ever know and I'm ever so grateful."

"I look forward to seeing you dear. Please bring Jisoo. That girl always brightened my day. You and her were always my sunshine girls."

"Yes ma'am I will."

"Love you dear"

"Love you too."

"Bye bye."

"Bye, Aunt Sierra."

Minji got off the phone and a single tear drop fell. She didn't know what hurt worse her grandmother or her beloved Aunt Sierra. She turned the tv off as well as the lights and headed upstairs, but didn't go to her room. Instead, she went to what she called Memory Room and gathered boxes and took them to her room. When she got them in her room she closed the door and sat in the floor and began looking through them. This house has been in the family for generations and it was up to her to keep it in the family. She found tons of pictures of houses built on the property before they were tore down and then in 1739 this one was built, and she had done a good job at keeping it new. She found quilts, ball gowns, masquerade ware, clothes, etc, but she still kept her eyes open for pictures of Aunt Sierra.

"She must have taken them. If she did, I'm going to see if can have them. Family memorabilia has always been my favorite thing."

She found old family recipes and lists of traditions as well as journals. She really loved journals, because the girls of the family wrote about the family balls and their schemes and scandals and love affairs. She must have read the journals a thousand times. She remembered her Aunt Sierra was born December 12, 1938. She recalled how she said she had ocean blue eyes and blonde hair. She always loved looking at her auntie's blue eyes. She finally got to the last box. When she removed the lid, she saw a young boy and young girl. She picked up the picture and flipped it over.

September 5th, 2007.
Kim Minji and Jeon Jungkook

Minji smiled as remembered that day. The picture was her mom and his mom with them and they were holding a teddy bear.

September 5th, 2007

It was was a long day at school, but she was happy that she would get to see her best friend after school. She rushed out of the school doors. Kim Minji was only a year younger than her friend Jeon Jungkook. She was born April 3rd, 1998. She was nine and he was 10 at the time. Her mom met her with a smile outside.

"You ready? Jungkook and his mom are at the fair waiting. We don't want to keep them waiting."

"I'm ready Momma!"

She smiled out the window as her mom drove to the fair. This was her second day going to the fair with Jungkook which had actually been her excuse to even go.

When she got to the fair, she immediately got out and ran to Jungkook.

"I just got out of school, so I hope you're not mad for waiting."

Jungkook pouted as the younger talked causing her to fidget with her fingers. He quickly giggled.

"Of course not! People have school."

She giggled and they waited at the gate for their parents. When they got in, Jungkook pulled the younger to a claw machine and pointed at a teddy bear.

"I bet you anything that I can get that teddy bear. It's for you anyways.

"I bet you can't."

He put his money in the machine and after 3 tries got the bear. When he got it, he passed it to Minji who looked at him with adoration.

"I told you it was for you."

Minji remembered just like it was yesterday. The little bear was still in good shape and on her bed along with the others he won from the machines and gave to her. She recalled how cute his bunny teeth were when he got excited and how he always called her cute names. She remembered that she used to call him Bunny and Kook. She wanted to continue to look through the box of memories of her and Jungkook, but she grew sleepy. She moved the boxes and stacked them neatly and crawled into bed.

"Love you Maw. Love you Aunt Sierra. See both  of you tomorrow."

Chapter 5 Complete🥂
Author's Note 📝

Dear fans,
   If you made it this far, then I assume you either liked the book or just completely enhanced by the plot. As I said before. This is my favorite book. I actually believe that I like it better than my BTS Christmas book with Jennie and Hoseok. I hope the plot goes as planned. There are great things going for this book and hopefully you guys love it as much as I do. I've learned from writing that if you write and have a good mindset for the book that great things will come through. Once again, I hope you love this book as much as I do and that this will eventually become my best book. I have many things in mind for this book. ☺️
                          Love you guys,
                         BethBrock4