08 : revealing the past

[ a/n ] who failed their science tests but still writing fanfic related to science? yes, this bitch right here

[ a/n ] who failed their science tests but still writing fanfic related to science? yes, this bitch right here. please bear the nonsense i created, i just wrote what goes on in my head (╥﹏╥)

tw // violence, death

author's

yunho took a deep breath, "before i know you guys. i was in the team with jihoon and sconyoung, we got four members, actually."

the rest of them gasped, "where did the fourth member go?"

yunho let out a sigh and gave a smile, but it seemed painful. he chuckled, "he's gone for years now. it was my fault."

"rest in peace, but who and how?" they were so shocked to hear the news.

"min yoongi, the one who died in the explode." the plot twist were really twisted.

three years ago, there was a team of scientists who were really close to each other. the names were lee jihoon, kwon soonyoung jeong yunho and min yoongi. they were also known as The Geniuses In Genius Lab (TGGL), because of all the projects they had done were really successful. until one time...

yunho and yoongi were fighting because of a little misunderstandment. eventhough yoongi is smol, once he open his mouth and you're dead, but that was not the important thing right now. let's talk about how the pale-skinned man died.

"you weren't supposed to add the chemical!" yoongi yelled at yunho.

"i know what i did, it's in the formula!" the male yelled back.

yoongi's face became redder, "you read the wrong fucking formula!"

they kept fighting about the formula. they were scientists, isn't they should know what they did? we were all human, we can't run from doing mistake. usually when one of them made a mistake, they would find the solution together and not fighting. that day was different, both of them were having mood swings. maybe they got period idk.

as they were fighting, they forgot what jihoon told them to be careful of. there was something bigger than their foot size waiting for them. the chemical, it was not supposed to be burnt. a small fire started to transform into the bigger one.

you know what was more awesome? the fire was only two meters away from the gas tanks and alcohols cabinet. once the fire touched them, you're gonna see the famous white light. yoongi and yunho stopped choking each other because they smelled something burning, and they finally realized...

yunho ran to find the emergency button, while yoongi was looking for fire extinguisher. he suddenly remembered that they haven't change the fire extinguishers, the current in their building were expired. the fire became more big and strong.

"yoongi! get out of there, the fire is getting bigger!" yunho shouted. the smoke was too thick, making yoongi couldn't see clearly and find the exit.

"yunho, where are you?! i can't see anything, please help me!" his words were just making the younger panicked.

"yunho, yoongi! get out now, what are you two doing inside there?!" that was jihoon who shouted. him and soonyoung immediately went back to the lab after getting emergency signal.

yoongi's vision became blurry and he can barely breathing because of the smoke. yunho didn't want to leave his partner alone inside the room but got dragged by soonyoung. yoongi felt dizzy, he would passed out at anytime if he didn't get out the place as fast as possible.

"no, i don't wanna leave him! yoongi's still inside and i need to save him!" yunho cried as he yelled at soonyoung who was holding him back.

"yunho, please calm down. you stay here with soonyoung, i will save yoongi from there." jihoon said calmly.

he was on halfway, suddenly heard an explosion. he looked at the building, and heard yunho thrashing to be free from soonyoung's arm. wanna know something cool? the explosion coming from the room where yoongi was trapped inside.

we all knew it was too late...

❝ forgive yourself for the survival patterns and traits you picked up while enduring trauma. ❞

continue reading?