Chapter 2

Luke pulled his knees up to his chest as he waited in anticipation for Ashton to return. He didn't want to do this. It was a little after midnight and Calum and Michael were already asleep.

A shiver ran down his spine, making him sink into his hoodie farther. Why was it so cold on the bus? Luke thought to himself.

His thoughts were interrupted when Ashton returned. Ashton set the plate down in front of Luke, a piece of toast, something Ashton thought would be easy for Luke.

"This is so stupid." Luke commented, staring at the plate.

"I'm genuinely worried about you, Luke," was all Ashton replied with.

Luke could feel his stomach twist as the thought of eating. Numbers swarmed his mind as he thought of all the calories sitting in front of him. He hesitantly took a small bite of toast, feeling it sink to his stomach. He hated that feeling.

Ashton didn't look convinced, making Luke more upset. Luke continued to slowly eat, his mind screaming at him to stop. It was killing Luke, but he finished two-thirds of the piece of toast.

He felt everything in the pit of his stomach, making him uncomfortable.

"Well, you did it." Ashton spoke.

"See, I told you I was fine. I'm going to bed" Luke mumbled, before getting up and leaving, not caring for anything Ashton had to say.

However, Luke went past the bunks and straight to the bathroom at the back of the bus. Closing the door, Luke got down on his knees, guilt washing over him like a wave. He needed the feeling to go away.

Next thing he knows, he's got two fingers down his throat trying to make himself gag. Succeeding, he quickly brings up everything he had just eaten moments prior. It hurt like hell, but all that guilt soon faded away.

This time, however, he hears the door open mid-dry-heave. Suddenly he realizes that he forgot to lock the door.

He prepares himself for a lecture from the older boy about how what he's doing is wrong, but is surprised by what actually happens.

Instead, Ashton kneels down next to Luke, rubbing his back softly, as Luke dry-heaves once more. After Luke is mainly done, Ashton asks him one question.

"Why?"

"I-I don't know..." Luke mumbles, resting his back against the wall.

"Yes, you do." Ashton plainly replies.

Luke stayed silent, closing his eyes and resting his head in his hands.

"P-Please go away." Luke begged after a moment, voice breaking ever so slightly.

"You need help, Luke." Ashton admitted.

"I know I fucking do! Do you think I wanna be like this?! Luke yelled at Ashton.

"Luke, yo-" Ashton tried to say before Luke briskly cut him off.

"I-I can't take much more of this s-shit! The fucking c-comments, the looks, e-everything!" Luke continued, eyes glossing over. "A-and they're right too..."

"Luke..."

"P-please just go, I-I don't want you to see me like this..." Luke begged once more, a couple of tears trickling down his sunken cheeks.

"My bunk's always open." Was all Ashton replied with before respecting Luke's wishes and leaving.

————————————————————————