Chapter - 5

It was morning time where Karthik and Divya where getting ready and his laptop was screaming upstairs with incoming video call. Karthik took his coffee and went upstairs

"Enna da, how is my sister and her boyfriend?" Ram asked karthik casually, knowing it will irritate him.

"Boyfriend uh yarru adhu? ", Karthik asked confused.

"Adhu dhan... peru enna Adi dhane, how is he ? aporam eppo en thangachi unna divorce pannura?, Ram was really having his time in pulling Karthik's leg.

Karthik rolled his eyes, "Dont worry, seerkarame divorce dhan un thangachi ku".

The door of his room was shut with loud noise, and karthik could sense it is Divya who over heard their conversation.

"Dei Unna enna pannuradhu.. unala dhan... enna keetalo " Karthik spoke with annoyed tone.

"Dei na enna pannunen... ava irruppu nu Ennaku enna theriyum." Ram said with innocent face. But by then karthik hang up. and went down stairs.

Divya was throwing vessels in the kitchen, making loud noise knowing he is now watching her. He didnt know what to say, didnt know what she heard.

"Divya.." Karthik called her. She was facing the window over the kitchen sink. He could really sense that she was angry, and even her eyes were glistened trying to blink away the tears that was threatening to come out.

He again called out "Divya.." She took her bag and stormed off from kitchen to open the door to get out.

"Hi Divya..." Adi was right there about to press the calling bell. Surprised to see her opening the door at that very moment.

"Adi, can I come with you to college", this sure startled Adi, he didnt expect her to ask this. she has always been avoiding his offer. Now that she is asking he was more elated.

"Sure.. with pleasure Divya" , he left towards his car. Divya turned back to close the door, saw karthik standing there with mixed of emotions, annoyed, angry , irritated kind of possessive, to be frank he was possessive. So did she and closed the door loud with the same emotions.

Their drive to college was silent. Adi knowing her, asked "what happen Divya?"

Divya was confused and replied " I dont understand? What happened?

"Divya I know you fought with your housemate or something happened between you both, and you are coming with me just to get even with him" Adi was straight.

Though Adi liked Divya, he has been observant, especially when Divya and Karthik are together, he could definitely feel there is something between them. him spending time more than few occasions at their house, he could really sense how Karthik was looking at her when Adi and Divya study together. Sometimes Karthik sits on the couch upstairs pretending that he is working but his full concentration would be on them. And Adi was done with her obliviousness towards his advances, he took this as an opportunity to clarify things. Adi likes Divya, but isn't that stupid to woo her if she has feeling for someone else.

Divya was taken back with Adi's confrontation and she dismissed saying "Nothing happened between us. I was leaving the home as usual and you were there, thought why not drive with you instead of public transport today" she immediately turned towards her window hoping Adi would leave this topic.

"I like you Divya and you know it" Divya was now shocked, confused and mentally facepalmed thinking why didn't she even get in his car. She surely knows this conversation is going happen between them but not today. One wants to give divorce and other one is pushing her to acknowledge his feeling.