Chapter 6

"Who is Karthik here?" announced the nurse coming out of the ICU.

Karthik immediately got up and went to the nurse quickly with expectant face to have some positive response from her about Divya.

"She is out of woods" that's all Karthik wanted to hear from her, he ran his finger through his hair as sign of relief and said numerous thank you to the nurse for giving him this news and Adi came running, hearing what nurse said and he thanked her too.

"She has been mumbling the name Karthik, among you two who is that? I would like to take you inside", nurse was now confused seeing two men giving equal sense of relief and emotions knowing about her being fine.

"Its me" Karthik urged nurse to walk and he followed her, leaving Adi outside. Adi was now restless when the doors closed behind them and he wasn't able to see anything from that small hole, and all he could see was empty hallway.

Karthik's heart felt an unfamiliar ache seeing Divya tied to all kinds of wires and monitors. His eyes welled up seeing her in such state. he went near her, took her hand as gentle as possible thinking even the gentle gesture might pain her for what she has gone through. Feeling his touch Divya opened her eyes. she was unable to talk but her eyes conveyed, that she is relieved to see him and tears started to flow automatically. 

Karthik wiped her tears and almost whispered "shhuu shhhu, dont cry you are fine. everything is alright, I am here for you. I am sorry its all because of me." His hands were trembling when he was wiping her tears indicating he is scared to even touch her seeing such huge bandage on her head. 

"Can I talk to you for a moment Karthik, I just came to know that you are her husband, and would like to talk you" The doctor who was taking care of Divya asked him to come out. He was reluctant to leave her when he tried to follow the doctor. He almost gave a peck on her forehead and assured her he will be back soon. 

"Doctor how is she?" Karthick asked 

"She had suffered multiple fractures in right arms, and head injury when she was hit, by gods grace no other fractures. there are bruises on her legs that will heal soon. She is all fine now, needs ample rest, I want to observe her for two days and then we can discharge." Doctor gave the details to karthik about what treatment plan they are planning her smooth recovery. 

"Thank you doctor for bring her back" Karthik was almost in tears.

"Oh I did only my job, take care of her Karthik" Doctor then gave some instructions to nurse seeing her chart. Karthik was walking back to her room. 

"Divya, I am sorry. its all because of me" Adi was in tear seeing her in such state, was crying holding her hand. Divya felt bad for him, she was unable to console him, he was inconsolable from the moment he saw her in such a state. Adi's pent up emotions seeing her in blood and now with so many bandages, he broke down crying as sense of relief that she is fine now. 

He has mumbling, "I won't disturb you Divya asking about you and Karthik. I am so sorry." 

Divya was saw Karthik standing at the door frame and tried to remove her hand from Adi's, which made him to lift his head and follow the direction of her sight. Seeing Karthik, he immediately got up and was about to leave. Karthik stopped him, urged him to be with her and said he will wait outside. 

Divya was hurt knowing what Karthik was doing, thinking he is giving space for her and Adi. 

"Dude, what are you doing ?? Please be with Divya , she needs you." Adi came running behind Karthik. 

"You clearly are misunderstanding us. Let me be straight, I know you both are married and all this happened because she tried to dodge my questions and ended up in this accident." Adi came clean explaining how she ended up in this accident.