Chapter 7

"Manasi, how dare you show up like this when you left me without a word. I clearly dont want to talk to you right now and I think there is nothing to talk." karthik got up to leave.

"Do you really need a word from me Karthik, to know we fell apart long back?" Manasi asked with all calmness.

Karthik was silent and couldn't say a word.

"Please sit, I really want to talk to you. Inniki let's finish this once for all." Manasi urged him to sit.

Karthik wanted to have this sit down long back, so he sat down, not before checking the restaurant entrance once.

"Do you remember the trip we took where you proposed me in front of our friends, Under that tall waterfalls after our hike" Manasi spoke recollecting a memory of them.

"Ippo edhuku adha pathi peasure? I don't think we are in position to recollect memories" Karthik snapped.

"Ya we aren't but do you remember what pushed you to propose there and what pushed me to accept it??" Manasi questioned.

Karthik had a blank face.

"Okay naane solluren, it was mere peer pressure, everybody in our group were couples except us, we both were good friends, but the people around us thought we are couple or we would make a good couple and most of the conversations in the group was about us. One fine day you proposed and I accepted it", Manasi shrugged her shoulders like that obvious outcome.

"Ippo enna sollavara Manasi, yes I proposed you and you accepted it, we were in relationship for 5 years and one fine day you were gone without a note" Karthik was sarcastic.

"Naah, we both knew this won't workout within a month, but we both needed someone to lean in, we held on to each other. This took away the peer pressure in so many ways and let me be straight you were more concerned that I shouldn't be hurt in that process, namba friends uh irrukarapo irrundha understanding couple uh irrukumbodhu illa." Manasi paused. Karthik twisted his lips and gave a slight node that she was right.

"Adhu nala dan vittu poniya? dont I deserve a proper break up?" Karthik asked her genuinely.

"You weren't ready to accept that we fell apart Karthik, naa nariya vaati unnaku solla try pannunen. Something or the other came in our life that we needed each others support. we confused the support we needed as friends or well-wisher with the support as girlfriend/boyfriend." Manasi shook her head nonchalantly. 

"Tell me straight, have you ever felt the soulful connection with me? anytime?" Manasi questioned

Karthik's mind just flashed Divya's face, when Manasi asked that questioned, how he feels when he around her. He quickly pushed those flashes back and thought, he never felt that soulful connection with Manasi.

"No I never felt it. I know you never felt it too." Karthik replied.

"Exactly", She agreed.

"I know we wasted quite some time in a relationship which isn't going anywhere. So I wanted to breathe and only way I knew was leaving you without a word" She said.

"So you were suffocated in the relationship uh?" Karthik's ego was hit knowing she felt suffocated.

"Weren't you ?? Tell me something Karthik, if you weren't relieved  that this relationship ended, why didnt you look for me? Needhan sollu va world is small, its easy to get connected to anyone and everyone " She genuinely questioned. 

"Adhu..." he struggled to continue.

"You dont have to explain." She put him out his struggle.

"You never had any feeling with any girl not just me, but I had feeling for two different guys at different times, but I was still with you. and I couldn't, on morality basis" She blurted out.