Chapter 1; finding Encanto

You run, faster and faster, fighting the pain from getting scratched from the unknown amount of thorns and arrows thrown at you. You know you have bruises from stepping on rocks and sticks barefoot across the woods.
When you thought all hope was lost, you saw a dim light. You ran faster and faster, panting through your pressed down teeth. You finally get to the end of the woods. You start to yell.
      "Help!! Please!!" You exclaim. All of a sudden, someone picks you up. I didn't expect that, you think. When you look up, it's a man wearing a green cloak, he has brown skin and curly black hair, to what you could tell from your blurry vision. Before you knew it your vision goes black.

~~

      You wake up in an awfully cozy bed, scratches and bruises everywhere. You see the same man from the end of the woods siding on the edge of the bed, down by your feet. You groan as you get up, pain throbbing everywhere. Atleast it's not that painful now, you think again.
The black haired curly man looks over at you with a worried expression.
      "Are you okay?" He asks. You nod your head as it seems that your throat is dry. He hands you some water and an arepa. "How long have you been running?" He asks after you eat the arepa. You were too much in awe at how your bruises went away to hear his question. "Um.. ma'am?" He asks, throwing you out of your trance.
      "Yes?" You ask. He asks you the same question, and you get confused. "Running? All I remember last is... Is.." you stare down, not able to remember what happened within the last couple of weeks. "I don't.... I don't... remember," you finally say.
      "Do you remember the woods?" He asks. You see something blurry, you running.
      "There were three men. Science suits. They were holding-" you start to remember again. "Three men. Holding.. bows. They were gonna use me as a guinea pig for animal DNA infusion. But.. the machines, their wires were... Cut. If they tried to use it on me, I would've died, so I started running. It was... Two days-"
      The door gets slammed open, you grabbed what you think would be the nearest weapon, until you see a polite young women, with red hair and a yellow dress on. "Two days of running," she says, in a dull tone.
      "Yes...?" Then you get up, with your ripped clothes still on. The man puts his hand on your shoulder, and slightly pushes you down, making you sit back on the bed.
      You notice a younger girl, she looked 5, wearing glasses and a dress, passes you a (for girls) crop top and shorts (for boys) T-shirt, some jeans and a cloak (kinda like Camilo's).
      "Thank you," you say as you go somewhere private to change.
Once you get done changing, you come back out to see that same man waiting for you on the bed still. He holds his hand out.
      "My name is, uh.. Bruno, heh," he says shyly, which makes you giggle.
      "I'm y/n," you respond, giggling within parts. "Nice to meet you, Bruno."
      He scratches the back of his head, obviously nervous. "May I introduce you to our family?"

      "Of course!" You respond.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(560 words)