chapter 8; silence is golden

Bruno stays silent and distant from you, even when you sit and laze around somewhere. You finally get tired of the distance and head to his house. You just sit by the doors and ask for Dolores.
You see the doors open and Dolores walk out. She closes the door, and looks at you innocently (😇).
"What's wrong?" She asks, confused. You tell her the problem with Bruno being distant from you. "Oh, do you want me to arrange a blind date?"
You blush, and give a slight nod. She leaves and you sit on a rock.
She comes back with Julieta and mirabel, smiling. The three talk privately, and then they walk up to you.
After the many amount of questions, mirabel pulls you to her room, measuring to see what your dress/tux would look like.
"You'll want to get him a small flower, and something that's memorable," she says, smiling. "f/c or h/c?"
"F/c please," you respond. You give a smile.
When she's done, you sit down on her bed. She sits down with you and talks to you about Bruno. You smile.
"Y/n, may I have you for a sec?" Julieta asks, covered in flour. You stand up, and follow her.
"What's your favorite food for a meal?" She asks. You respond with your favorite food. She then starts cooking.
"Can I help?" You ask. She nods.
For a while, you and Julieta spend time cooking and laughing. You go to talk to Dolores, until you hear a faint sobbing. You walk towards the sobbing, and notice it leads to Bruno's room. You were about to open the door when you were stopped by Casita.
You force the floor tile down, and open the door to see Bruno crying. He look up at you and turns around and lifts his hood over him (I'm scared of nothing 😈). You walk to him and comfort him, but he does nothing. You turn him around and pull his hood down.
"Leave me alone," he says, turning back around. You then hug him. He stands still. "I said.. leave me.. alone." He says in between sniffs. You continue to hug him.
Only seconds later does he give up and hug you back, crying. The floors push you two away. You hold out your hand, as he takes it and you two walk to dolores' room, trying your best to hide you and Bruno's intertwined fingers.
Casita continues to try to separate you two, but you continue to smile and hold his hand.
When you both get to dolores' room, she looks at you two with a smirk. You notice Bruno looks away, covering his mouth. She then pulls you two in.
"I.. have a problem," she says, closing the door. You both look at her confused. "I heard that abuela is trying to have Bruno marry someone else." She covers her ears in an expectant mood.
"WHAT?!" You yell. Letting go of Bruno's hand, you go out to your room to talk to Abuela alone. She appears in a ghost-like look and sits on your bed.
"Having problems?" She asks with a grin. You give her a look. "Look, you can't be with him-"
"Why," you interrupt her abruptly. She looks at you.
"Simple. Your too pretty."
"OH, SO BECAUSE I AM PRETTY MEANS I CANT HAVE A HAPPY LIFE WITH YOUR FAMILY?!" She winces.
"Yes." This old hag...
You drop the 'f' bomb on her and leave.
For the next few days, you stay silent and mainly stay in the guest room not interfering with others, until you get blinded.
"Hey!-" your ears go down as your mouth gets covered. You freak out thinking it's the scientists. Then you remember the blind date.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(630 words)

Ahaha I'm awake-
Anyway, for those of you that don't know what the f bomb is, you're too young.