chapter 3; building the room

As you get ready for building your room, you see a slight breeze. I hope pepa's ok, you think, as you walk up to the table with a long piece of paper and set rocks on corners so it won't blow away. You then call over Bruno, as he is mapping the outline of the room with sand. You explain the room to him and draw as you speak.
      "Any questions?" You ask once you're done. He thinks for a sec and opens his mouth, only not to find words. "Fascinated by my artwork, I see." You giggle a little as he, very shyly, nods his head. You rustle his hair. "I can do better than just an outline, bud." He leaves out of embarrassment, putting down the outline. You can't help but to adore his shyness.
      Because you knew what you were doing, and it seemed like everyone else did too, you assigned jobs to everyone. Felix, Antonio, and Camilo is helping build the outline of the house (Felix is helping Antonio ofc), while Mirabel, and Julieta are waiting so they could do decoration with you. Casita helped as much as possible, like grabbing tiles from the garage (that wasn't in the movie lol) to put on the floor, and grabbing food from the counter when someone got hurt.
      Once Bruno was done, which was soon, he leaned on the wall beside y/n, Julieta, and Mirabel. You had gotten an idea, so you started heading towards the woods. Bruno followed you, knowing what could happen, so he could protect you (awww). You noticed that and waved in a sense to tell him 'I know you're there.'
      "What are you going out to the woods for?" He asked. You explained that you wanted a door made out of natural wood and wanted to try it with the wood items in the garage, but you don't know where you'll get wood  that big from.
      He guides you towards a place, where you see a big slab of wood.
      "That'll work, thank you," you say. You pick up the piece of wood and look around. You're lost. You shrug it off. "Dolores help us we're lost in the woods," You say. Then you hear faraway voices. Sounds like Mirabel.      
      You walk towards the noises, until one of the family members see you, then assures Mirabel that she can stop.
      "Thanks Dolores," you say. She nods her head. "I'm gonna go to your guys' garage. Wanting to make a door out of this." You hold up the wood. You put pepa and Julieta in charge until you're back. As you start working, with glasses and a face mask on, Bruno walks into the garage. You stop.
       "Hey, um-" he get interrupted by you throwing a face mask at him.
      "Put that and safety glasses on, then you can talk," you say.
      "Ok.." he walks over to get a pair of glasses, and throws a little salt on them, then throws what's left, in his hand, over his shoulder. He clears the salt, and puts the glasses on. "So.. I was wondering.. do you wanna go to the new restaurant that opened today?" He asks. You continue your woodworking.
      "I'd be happy to. Is anyone else coming?" You ask. He shakes his head. You sand a hole where the doorknob will be, and then you see a hole in the wood. You grab a black goop-like substance, and fill it up. You look for more cracks, and fill them up too. You lift your glasses, and take a loop of the mask off. "When are we going?"
      "Your choice," he replies. You smile and look at the time, indicating 1;30pm. You set the glasses and face mask on the table that you were somehow able to move. He sets them on the table too. "How'd you move that thing?" He asks, curious.
      "You don't need a gift to be strong," you reply, heading to the door and lol poking back at Bruno. "You coming?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(672 words)