a night at home

"Hey, hey, hey! Watch it Styles, you're gonna spill the goods

"Hey, hey, hey! Watch it Styles, you're gonna spill the goods." Harry poured red wine with reckless abandon, no concern for my lovely rug underneath the coffee table.

"We've got like five more bottles, a few drops spilled would be fine." He tosses his hands, gesturing dramatically because he's got a good buzz going. He's smiley tonight, his cheeks are flushed and his dimple has made enough appearances to make me dizzy.

"Okay Mr. Moneybags, there is still no need to be wasteful. Besides, think of my rug. You can't replace this rug, it's one of a kind. So keep the merlot off of it." I sit up, wrap my arms around his neck, and press a kiss to his stubbly cheek. My legs still rest over his lap, the movie that I've forgotten the name of plays in the background, and the light from the streetlamp outside the balcony mixes with the warm glow from the bulbs that hang from the ceiling.

We got back to New York two days ago, press work for his new movie and a good opportunity for me to work on my clients here brought us back to the city that never sleeps. We'd been out all day, taking photos, answering questions, walking forever in stilettos until I debated throwing myself down a storm drain.

It was worth it for this moment though. The hands that I love so much massaged the ache from my feet and traced gentle patterns on the bare skin of my legs. Our chests are warm, full of wine and deep love for each other. Candles flicker on the mantle and fill the living room with sweet spice.

I know that we'll crawl into bed tonight and love each other slowly, lazy kisses and hungry hands until we come undone, and I can't wait for it, but for now, I'll revel in this. I'll revel in our deep-set couch and tipsy giggles, and the way his hands feel when his fingers interlace with mine.

He presses his forehead to mine and whispers softly, "Hey, guess what?"

"Hm?" I bump his nose with mine.

"I love you, Jojo." He whispers.

I smile and take his face in my hands, squishing his cheeks together to pucker his lips before I kiss them.

"Well, I could have guessed that."