studio songs

Walking into a studio session is never boring, but I wasn't expecting to watch my husband have a full meltdown today

Walking into a studio session is never boring, but I wasn't expecting to watch my husband have a full meltdown today. A goofy meltdown, but a meltdown nonetheless. Writing the fourth album has proved to be a bit difficult, he's gone back and forth about creating it at all. I think he was planning on waiting a couple of years, taking some time off, but songs just started writing themselves for him and he got so excited that he couldn't help it.

They weren't really writing themselves anymore.

"Ahhhhh, I can't write anything! It's gone! There's nothing up here anymore! My career is over!!" Harry falls to his knees and buries head in my lap so I can run my fingers through his hair.

"Which one? You have like 5 now." I walked into the studio about 17 seconds ago, Harry has been here for hours on end the past week, working on a new album. He's been very stuck on the last three songs, only getting bits and pieces of them finished. He's been sending poor Mitch voice memos at all hours of the night.

"The best one! The real one! Help me darling, I can't write songs anymore, what are we to do?" He rests his head in hands and his elbows on my knees as he looks up at me. 31 years old, but sometimes he looks at me and he's still 23.

"I suppose I'll just have to be your sugar mama. You gotta give me lots of sugar though, because you have an expensive taste." I hold his cheeks and squish them together with a giggle before he stands quickly and leans down to kiss me.

"I will gladly give you all the sugar in the world. All of it. Like this." A lovely, quick kiss, like he gives me in the kitchen when we're cooking with the music on.

"Or this." He leaves a long kiss on my forehead, the kind he gives me after long days or after we argue.

"And this." He kisses the tip of my nose and then flicks it with his finger, like we started all those years ago.

"Some of this too." He ravages my neck with quick kisses while his fingers pinch at my waist, sending me into a fit of giggles.

"Hey, aren't you supposed to be working?! They're gonna file complaints with HR." I swat  at him and push him away as I sit back in the comfy studio chair.

"Who's HR?" He asks through a laugh as he picks up the acoustic guitar he'd abandoned during his dramatic tantrum.

"I don't know, me I guess." I say with a shrug and the whole room giggles.

"You can all file complaints with me!! I'll whip him into shape, in the privacy of our home." I shoot them a wink and they all snort out a laugh before going back to plucking around on their instruments.

"Sing me a song, H. Doesn't have to be yours, just sing me a song." He needs to get out of his own brain and his own work, dive into someone else's for a bit. He needs a little distraction.

"You want me to sing you a song?"

"Mhm!"

"Okay darling, I'll sing you a song. Anything for you." He shoots me a wink and starts plucking away on the guitar. He's sitting on an amp, facing me, his back to the band and the producers. For this moment, it's just us, because that's what he needs.