6

I awoke with a start, jumping slightly as I sat up straight in my bed. Something was wrong. Terribly wrong.

I needed to wake Ben, I extended my arm to gently shake my husband, but was met by air. Ben was gone.

Maybe he's in the bathroom, I thought as I jumped down, not paying attention that Cameron and Sam's curtain was open, or the fact that Sam was missing.

My heart dropped when I saw the door to our bathroom was open, and no one was in there.

Maybe he's in the back of the bus. Sometimes when he couldn't sleep he'd go back there & watch tv or talk to the others.

The light was on and I thought I'd find him back there. Instead I found a passed out James. I sighed and shook my head. Where the hell was my husband.

I pulled out my phone and dialed his number.

"Hey this is Ben. You know what to do......BEEP"

"Baby, it's me. Just wondered where you were. I woke up and you weren't next to me. Please call me. I love you." I said as I hung up the phone.

Moments later, Cameron appeared at the door. "Sam back here?" He asked.

I shook my head, growing even more concerned now. "No, I was looking for Ben actually." I said.

Cameron sighed and sat on the other end of the cough. We weren't trying to disturb the drummer, but it wasn't long until his eyes opened and he looked around at us confused.

"Sorry mate" I began "Sam and Ben are gone." I said.

James raised an eyebrow and looked at both of us. "What do you mean they're gone?" He asked.

Cameron shrugged "we woke up and they weren't in bed."

"I just called Ben's phone and he didn't answer" I said, biting gently at my lower lip.

This wasn't like either of them. Not like them at all. Even if they had woke up and decided to go somewhere before we took off, one or both of them would have left us a note. They'd done it before.

"This isn't like them" James started, sitting up against the back of the couch.

"I know. I have a feeling something is wrong. I just don't know what." I added.

Just then, Cameron's phone rang. Sam's name flashing across the screen.

Cameron smiled and answered the phone quickly.

"Baby, wh—" he began, getting cut off mid sentence. "Who the hell is this and where is my husband?'" he shouted.

Cameron shook his head as he jumped up from the couch "fuck you. I wanna know where Sam & Ben are and I want to know now" he added.

He sighed and sat back down on the couch, putting the phone on speaker so we could hear the conversation too.

"You'll all be together soon enough," the voice on the other end stated. "We will text you directions soon. The three of you come alone. No bodyguards and no cops. If you bring anyone else, they die. Understand?"

"Yes. Please don't hurt them. We'll do anything." Cameron added before the call ended.

"He has them. He has them and we dont even know if he's hurt them or what." He said softly, looking at the wedding ring on his finger.

"They're okay." I began, placing a reassuring hand against Cameron's back. "They know we'll do anything to keep them safe. They know they have the advantage as long as they're okay." I reminded him.

Truth was though I wasn't sure who I was trying to convince more, Cameron or myself.

I was terrified. And that was putting it lightly. If anything happened to Sam or Ben I would never forgive myself.

Little did was know, this was only the beginning.