Chapter 1: There's Something Different About You Today

(Suga's Pov)

I'm walking to Daichi's house, about to reach the front yard, when I get a text from him. I grab my phone and read it. It reads, "Hey Suga, I won't be able to go on our date today, also tomorrow we need to talk about something." I just read it and become a bit disappointed, I look into the window to see him kissing Michimiya. I felt my heart shatter, to upset to even feel anger right now. I break down crying and begin to run home. I quickly rush up the stairs and curl up in my bed. After a few hours, I wake up and realize that it's nighttime. I grab my phone and text the "Bitches", telling them what happened. They of course tell me that they'll be coming to see me soon and ask a whole lot of questions. I just tell them that I'll be fine, and that I'll be breaking up with him tomorrow. I silence my phone and go get something to eat from the kitchen. After eating I go back upstairs to shower and do my homework. It's about 11:30 at night, so I hop back into bed and fall asleep.

(In The Morning)

I wake up and leave the house to get to practice early to help Daichi set up. I practice smiling the entire way there so no-one, especially the first years will notice me being sad or weak. When I get there, he is already getting out the net. I then walk up to him and help.

Sugawara: "Hey Daichi, while we set the net up, what did you wanna talk about from your text?"

Daichi: "Oh, um... I was wondering if maybe we could take a break from our relationship and just go back to being friends again. It's not you, it's me really. I'm just not in the right headspace."

Sugawara: "Yea that's fine." *Smiles*

Daichi: "Huh?"

Sugawara: "I said that's fine Daichi, I was thinking the same thing anyway. I'm going to be starting some side projects for college and I really need time to myself for it. I don't want to strain our relationship, so I thought that it was for the best too." *Smiles*

Daichi: 'what?' "Oh, okay

Daichi: 'what?' "Oh, okay. That's great then. Thank you Suga. Now let's get this all set up before those chaotic first years get here."

Sugawara: "Sure thing." *Begins to secure the net, then heads to the closet to take out the ball cart*.

(Hinata's Pov)

I finally beat Kageyama to the gym. We rush into the locker room to change and get out to the court. We begin with our stretches and warm up. Then we all practice our serves. I feel like I'm slowly getting better as well. Then we move to receives, I end up taking a couple balls to the face. It doesn't bother me, but what does is Sugawara. Throughout this practice so far, I keep glancing over towards him and something seems off. I just can't seem to tell what it is, so I decide on asking him after practice. Daichi then calls us all over and tells us that we are gonna have a couple practice sets. When I beam with joy, I catch Sugawara's smile change a bit. Suddenly I realize that it was his smile that has been off all day. For someone who has a crush on him, I really should have noticed sooner. 'Not like I can do anything about it right now though. Daichi and him are together, but for some reason they don't seem touchy or even as close as usual today. I hope that I'll be able to get him alone today.' Soon after the sets are done, Daichi calls us over and makes some announcement about upcoming events and practices this week. I am too worried about Sugawara to listen. I get knocked out of my thoughts when I hear Daichi yell my name.