1

wilbur:
are you on the plane yet? sorry if you are, i don't want you getting in trouble for texting !!

you:
no, not yet. i'm waiting to board. i really hope i get the row to myself ahah

wilbur:
i just want to see you again asap, we all miss you in boring old london! hope the french won't miss you too much ;))

you:
they can't miss me as much as i miss you. shit okay, cut the sappiness, they just called my seat area to board. cya in a bit!!🤍

when it's your turn to get your passport scanned, you walk up to the receptionist and give her your passport and ticket. a green light goes off and she smiles at you, "have a good flight" she says in french.
"merci beaucoup" you give her a quick nod, smile, then move along your way.

you flash a glance down at your ticket while you're walking down the gate to remember which seat you're in. "12b, alright. wait, fuck. that's a middle seat." you silently hope you aren't stuck with anyone for the hour flight, although it wouldn't be the worst thing if you were. you find your seat and swiftly place your heavy suitcase in the overhead compartment. when you sit down, you immediately put your headphones in and tap lovejoy on your spotify recommended. there isn't anyone sitting on either side of you yet, but that could easily change.

a bing goes off and you hear the warm voice of a french flight attendant, which makes you pause your music. "welcome to flight xxx flying from paris to london. it will be an estimated flight of an hour and ten minutes, and refreshments and snacks will be out once we reach desired altitude. thank you, and enjoy your flight!" you've always had an easy time picking up languages, and the advantage of living in paris for two years definitely helped. although you didn't understand every single part, you got the jist of it. luckily, the same announcement came on, but in english this time.

after you hear another ding, you play your music once again and try to relax after a stressful day at the airport.

you hope there is enough signal to send a quick text to wilbur, i just got on the plane and i think we're about to depart. say hi from me to everyone and tell them that i can't wait to see them!! and you, duhh. alright i gotta go now, muah love you!<3"

when the pilot makes an announcement to put all devices on airplane mode, you quickly do so without checking if your message went through. until snacks come out, you think you'll just take a quick nap. twenty minutes, or so.

author's note:
first part to the read, get excited ! i know wilbur didn't come up a ton in this part, but he and other dsmp members will definitely be making an appearance in upcoming parts. i'm thinking that these first couple of reads will be to "set the stage," if you will. alright, that's all i've got. cya.
~luca

total words: 524