VII- Michael Matthews- A dare

"Hey Nia,!" Blake O'Riley, the senior wide receiver, approached us. It's a thursday. We do MWF football practice, so my team mates are hanging out in the diner.

Nia, Sprite and Jeff had finished tutorials and she was sitting beside me. Her black rimmed glasses over her nose as she read from a yellowish colored hardback.

"Can Michael do a party on friday?"

She looks at me with raised eyebrows, her gorgeous lips scrunched slightly. She raised her eyebrows a bit. Well, I kinda zoned out when she met my eyes.

"Why?" I think she spoke. It sounded muffled and blurry?

"Well. We can't have booze here!" He half whispers as he slips beside me.

"WE. Can't have booze anywhere,"  she returns to her book. I only wanted to brush off the strand that strayed past her cute ear.

"Oh come on babe," Blake nudges my side, "we're seniors now! Live a little. 'Sides, Mickey here needs a reputation to uphold"

Well. Nia turns slightly to him,
"Enlighten me on this reputation"

"He's the quarterback of state champions! He needs to keep a reputation as a party animal and a hot jock!"

Uhh.

Nia shifted slightly beside me as she eyed him for a second more,
"Are you trying to impress someone? .. blond hair, blue eyes? Cheer captain"

Blake sighed, "yeah. You got me," he sighed some more, then added, "how about I invite only her and some. You know they're not all like Brianna"

The cheer squad is actually quite good. They got state champ also. Had been for the past 5 years. We only won last year, after a decade. Most are gymnasts, like her sister, Natalie. Maggie, the current cheer captain is actually a straight business gal and had been eyeing a cheer scholarship to UCLA.

Brianna, on the other hand, and a handful of others, are only in so they could wear slutty costumes. And fuck the jocks. I don't, of course.  I only make out with Nia, when she allows me. I can't even make myself look at other girls.

Sure, a lot of them dyed their hair reddish. I think they know I prefer that. But I can't even spare a glance to check them out. I mean. Nia doesn't even bother to stop and get jealous. I think she knows also, I only have eyes for her. She's smart and gorgeous as fuck, that's why.

"Make sure it's invite only. Tell that to the others," Nia's voice broke into my head, "I am so not going to fight off drunk hormonal teenagers from Michael"

"Deal!"

Well. She agreed. I couldn't help but grin and kiss those soft cheeks.

"Come to his house early. Bring police tape. No sex in his room and his parents'. Only the guest kitchen by the dock is accessible. And no messing with the boats and jet skis. You're paying for clean up and the guards by the beach. We don't want dead drunk teenagers washed by the tide"

Blake just kept nodding as she spoke

"And you fucking better make sure you don't snake your way down Maggie's pants when she's drunk. I don't drink. So you'll get shit from me forever if you do"

My head kinda flipped its way to her. She saw it,
"I like Maggie," she says simply to me, glancing at my eyes quickly before turning away,
"You better treat her right, Blake"

"I promise," he smiles warmly, "sooo Mikey?"

"Hey," I say, "what she says"
I guess I should speak with my folks. They're in Australia anyways.