𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭. lullabies sung by death

[ SAME OUTFIT FROM LAST CHAPTER! ]

⤵︎

CHAPTER 8. LULLABIES
SUNG BY DEATH!

 ❝LULLABIES SUNG BY DEATH!❞

[3.08| PART TWO]

LORELEI LORENZO ALWAYS FELT THIS NEED FOR EXPLORATION IN HER BONES.

It might've been the reason for her drive to walk almost everywhere she wanted to go. Of course, Lorelei had a car, as most teens her age do, but there was an irrefutable grace that came with letting your body carry you around to places in this world.

She'd savor the wind as it swept effortlessly across her body, feeling it within her fingertips. She'd feel alive under the glimmering sun, casting its heat on her face, seething through her clothes. And, she'd gain peace of mind as her eyes roam around the surroundings she found herself in.

But there Lorelei was now mid afternoon, wandering around the great land that had become her new home, Mystic Falls, still pursuing to wander her mind from the events that yesterday costed her.

For a majority of the day that passed by her in such a blur, memories of yesterday kept replaying in Lory's mind, tormenting her, and seeking to break her apart. Even if half of the time, that's all that her mind tend to do anyways.

Some part of her wished it hadn't even happened. While the other was grateful for the experience that was granted to her; being able to say goodbye to her father one last time, for good.

But at what cost? Her sanity, her humanity, what else could she hold onto now?

Her father was gone again. And yes, she was able to part ways with him the way that she always wished she could've. But then again, Lorelei knew she wanted more time—even if it wasn't good for the world. She was just a selfish girl wanting her father back again, no matter the cost that it came with.

In the meantime, Lorelei Lorenzo found herself settled back to the place of her terrible speculation; the first place in this town, that intrigued her.

The bridge.....

As expected, the lights were not on, as it was the brightest time of the day. She wandered towards the middle, then leaned her body over the bridge, holding onto the railing with a firm grip.

Her reflection was clearer than it was a few days ago, though, the little waves and rumbles of water caused the reflection to wobble.