1

Welcome to Evergreen West. A town known for its famous high school Bermuda high. Inhabitants: 400 000.

I made that up right now. I don't know anything about this city or the school I'm going to attend. All I know is that my father got a job at a laboratory right outside the city. He does research for viruses and illnesses. That's all I actually know about it.

You must think I'm a person who is very dumb. Let's say that I'm just a lot with my head up in the clouds. I am very chaotic. So chaotic I forgot to introduce myself. So lets start over.

Hi, I am Iris. Iris Felmont. Yes that isn't an English last name. It's French and all the blablabla that isn't important. I am 16 years old, 17 in three months and I don't really have any hobbies. I used to go out partying a lot with my friends and that's basically it.

We had to move away, because my father got a new job, like I already said. I don't really mind it either. It's gonna be okay.

It's just me and my dad. I never knew my mother and brother. They decided that I should stay with my father and he with my mother after the divorce, which only happened when I was still a baby. I guess it's a weird thing, but normal to me. I only know that my brother is 1 year older and got my mothers last name, which I don't know. I know, weird family situation, but like I already said, normal to me.

I look out of the window car at the houses passing by. We're almost there. Our new house.  I hope it's nice. It will be, knowing my dad.

We stop infront of A normal looking house. It doesn't really surprise me and I already like it. I don't have any attachment issues with moving. I don't really know why, it's just me.

"We're here. Welcome to our new home." He grins. And I grin back. We got the same smile. I look a lot like him except for my eyes. 'These are you mothers', he said. The only moment he talked about her.

I get out of that bloody hot car and step on the porch. The house is quiet modern, but not too much over-the-top. Lovely. Knowing my dad, the inside will be quiet okay, just like the outside.

"Upstairs second door too your right is your bedroom sweetie!" Dad yells from the other side of the car. I grab my luggage and enter the house. I come in a small hall which is connected to the livingroom. The furniture is as modern as the outside of the building. Typical for my dad.

I get up the stairs and think at my dad his directions. Second door on my right side. This must be it. I push the door open and get into the bedroom.

It is quiet spacious and has its own bathroom. A smile appears on my face. always wanted that. I get out my clothes and hang them in the closet. Next then clothes, school stuff, my phone and tablet, I dont really have any other stuff like pictures or decorations. My old friends knew the moment I left I wouldnt keep in touch. That's just how I am. I've got my friends, but it is not like my whole life depends on them. It keeps me out of the drama. 

My door swings open after a short knock. "You should get some sleep. Tomorrow is your first day at school and I don't think you would be pleased if you looked like a grumpy old lady." He laughs and I give him a grin back. "I am going to put this on your chair." I look up to see what he is holding.

"Ew, nope. Not gonna happen. Please say you are kidding me?" I look at him horrified. In his hands he holds a navy blue pleated skirt with a blazer in the same colour and a white shirt. A school uniform.

"You have no choice and I really tried if you couldn't wear pants, but they wouldn't give in. You can wear white sneakers though." He grins, amused by the disgusted look on my face.

"I can already say that this school's morals are build on sexism." I cringe, making my dad laugh even harder.

"No place for discussion on this one. Now go get some sleep. Goodnight sweetie." He closes the door, leaving me alone. God, tomorrow is going to be awful.

-

Something cold and wet hits my face and suddenly I'm completely awake. I look around me to see what it possibly could have been. There my father stands in my room with an empty glass of water in his hand. I give him the deathstare.

"You are so dea-" Before I can finish my sentence, he interupts me. "Your motorcycle arrived early this morning."

I squeel from excitement. "Yes yes yes! You are absolutely the best. Now get out and let me get dressed so I can try my baby out." He puts his hands in the air defeated and leaves my room.

As fast as possible I get dressed in the ugly uniform and take the helmet. I have never been this excited to got to school.

Once downstairs I don' even bother to eat breakfast before going to school. After saying goodbye I leave and get up on my precious motorcycle. 

I start the engine and as soon as I leave the adrenaline kicks in. I ride out of the street to my school. I love this feeling. It's like flying.

But fun things always end way too soon and I arrive at my new school. Everyone is staring at me as I take of my helmet. That's the normal reaction I always get. I look at the faces around me and can already make up the stereotypical highschool cliques. The jocks from the football team, the nerds, stoners... They are all there and I am so not ready to be the new girl in this movie.