30

-Alessio Romano-

She locked the door.

She went into her old room and locked the door behind her.

It was late now, and I can't sleep. Not without her.

I tried calling her phone: declined.

I tried knocking: nothing.

What did I do?

I eventually fell asleep, trying not to let the darkness consume me.

-Elana Aphelion-

"He's cheating, he has to be." I say into the phone.

"He's been acting weird for weeks. And then he rushes to the phone before me? The number wasn't even saved... he has to be cheating."

"Well you never know," Gina spoke. I glared at her through the FaceTime call. She put her hands up in surrender and continued, "It may not be what you think. Then again, your birthday is coming up on Saturday."

I sat on the bed, "You might be right, but still, it just feels weird."

"Look, Lan. You can't always jump to conclusions. If it's something that's bothering you... ask him." Gina said.

"Ay Mija, I agree!" Mrs. Alvarez spoke.

Gina's mom came into view and I nodded my head.

"I thought the same thing with Jose once, turns out he was just proposing." Her mom picked at her nails.

Gina gasped, "Mom! He may not."

"Or is he?"

"How the fuck would I know?" I stared blankly at her.

"Mira, mija. Just ask him if it's concerning you. If he is cheating, we flame his ass. If not," she just shrugged.

"Okay. I'll ask him in the morning."

"Good Niña." She kissed Gina on the head. "Buenos noches!" She blew a kiss in the camera.

"Buenos noches." I said and blew a kiss as well.

Gina didn't say anything. I just watched her as she did something on her laptop.

"So have you thought about what you're gonna do?" She finally spoke up. I looked at her confused. "A job?"

I thought about it, "Well a degree in economics and business can only get you so far..." I played with my nails.

"Lana there are hundreds of jobs that associate with your degree." She continued to type on her computer.

I shrugged, "I haven't really thought about it much, and honestly I don't want to right now." I said as I yawned.

She looked at me through the camera. "Go to sleep. You have a wedding rehearsal tomorrow and a possibly cheating boyfriend who is in the next room."

I nodded, "I love you."

"I love you too. Get some rest." She hung up the phone.

I reached behind the nightstand to get my charger as my phone signaled it was at 5 percent.

"You have got to be fucking kidding me," I groaned. I left my charger in our room.

I paced around, building up the courage to go in there, but my phone saying it was at 2 percent.

I tip my head back and let out a noise of annoyance and stalked to the door. I stuffed my phone into the pocket of my leggings.

I quietly stepped to our door, slowly turning the knob. I opened the door to find him sleeping, hugging my pillow like he hugs me when we sleep.