Funny thing happened on the way to Stark tower

Sharon did her hair and make up at May's, "God I can't believe I'm going to this thing."
Peter pouted, "It's no fair! I want to go."
May snickered, "Tony told him he couldn't come."
Sharon chuckled, "Tell you what if I get invited a second time I'll sneak you in."
Peter beamed, "I still can't believe Captain America is your grandfather."
Sharon got quiet, "I wish dad would have known."
May smiled at her cousin, "I bet Grant knew. He was smart and well... Family gossip had him as everybody but Tim's son."
Sharon laughed, "Hey Peter can I talk to May alone for a second?"
Peter huffed, "At least you didn't send me off on a bogus errand." He mumbled, "I'm 16 I can handle grown up talk."
Both women chuckled.
Sharon sighed, "So... Is it weird I am bring a larger than normal bag to this party in case... You know? I don't want to walk of shame in dirty clothes."
May shook her head, "Yes it's weird, but it is also classic you."
May looked over Sharon. She was older than her by 20 years.
Grant would pay her to baby sit Sharon and May grew close to her. Peter and Sharon were like her children.
Sighing May hugged her shoulders, "Just be safe. James seems like a nice guy, but it only takes once to make a baby... Just look at your granny."
Sharon groaned, "May! I'm 33. I know how to be safe."
They heard a knock and muffled voices before Peter came in, "Ah Sharon... Your ride is here."
She looked confused, "I didn't tell anyone I was getting ready here."
They stepped into the living room where Bucky stood in a suit. Peter blushed, "I may have let it slip you'd be getting ready here."

Bucky whistled, "You look stunning

Bucky whistled, "You look stunning."
Sharon blushed, "What are you doing here? Not That I mind."
Bucky grinned, "Well, I was talking to young Peter and he pointed out that this was a formal date and as such I should brush off my good dating manners and treat it as such." He pinned a beautiful corsage to Sharon's dress.
Peter blushed as Sharon went to chide him, "Peter..."
Bucky laughed, "Nah; give the kid a break. Besides Steve would murder me if I didn't treat his granddaughter right."
§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§
In the car Bucky noticed her bag was a bit large, "If you want I can drop your bag off in my apartment before we go up."
Sharon blushed, "Thanks... I know it's a bit awkward for a party, but I ah... Have high hopes."
Bucky looked over at her twiddling her fingers, "Baby bear you're gonna make this a long uncomfortable night."
Sharon frowned, "Oh... I didn't... Sh💩t! Never mind... Ah just drop me off her and I'll taxi back to May's."
Bucky frowned then realized what he said, "No... Sharon-"
Sharon's head shook as she willed her eyes not to cry, "Look it's all good. I miss read the signals." She sighed, "Not the first time. Just seriously stop here. I'll taxi to May's and have Peter call me in ill."
Bucky did stop, but pulled Sharon back before she could get out, "Sharon, listen to me. I didn't mean uncomfortable in a bad way." He sighed trying to find the words not to scare her off, "Baby bear you are so incredibly- you could put the brightest star to shame tonight."
Sharon looked up at him with the saddest blue eyes. Bucky wiped away a falling tear, "Sharon... Oh baby bear please don't cry..."
He kissed her forehead then each cheek before slowly claiming her lips. Bucky cradled her face in his hands, "What my dumb mouth meant to say was that I also had high hopes and if You weren't the main guest of honor I would skip the party and show you exactly what I have been thinking about these last two weeks."
Sharon blinked, "Oh."
Bucky grinned, "Yeah... Oh."
Sharon shyly smiled, "Then we should be headed there... Maybe we'll find a reason to duck out early."
Bucky grinned, "I like how you think."