Chapter 4: Investigation

(RHYS' POV)

"Soo...what now?" I asked, crossing my arms. "I don't know. I guess we help Bigby and Snow find who murdered that girl and then they help us finally find a fuckin' Vault Key," Fiona suggested. "Ooorr, we can skip all of that and you just get me back up to Helios, kid. THAT'S what you need to do," Jack suggested. "Okay, but how do we even help them? We know nothing about them or this planet," Sasha informed, raising an eyebrow. "Yeah, heh that's how I felt when we came down to Pandora," I joked, nudging Vaughn with my elbow. Vaughn shook his head with a grin on his face. "Shut up, Hyperion," the Pandoran grifter in the hat said, smacking me off the top of the head. "Owooww!!" "Oww.. ow! Why is it always the he-" HJ asked before he disappeared. "What was that for?" I asked, rubbing the back of my head. "Jackass.." Fiona mumbled. Sasha put a hand over her mouth, giggling. I ran my fingers through my hair, smiling (heh). "Anywayss...who was that girl anyway?" Vaughn said, breaking the awkward silence. "I feel bad for her. Who could've done that to a woman as pretty as her?" "I don't know, Vaughn.." Fiona said. I looked around the huge office, furrowing my eyebrows. "Wow...this place is huge," I commented. "Look at all those books! Incredible.." my best friend gawked (Vaughn pls). Sasha walked over to the desk in the center of the Business Office and studied the signature standing on the desk (idfk what its called okay). "I. Crane..." she read aloud. "What a jackass," she said, narrowing her eyes.

(MEANWHILE)

(BIGBY'S POV)

"Hey, Mirror. I got a question," I said, scratching my neck. His green head appeared as he replied, "You know the rule.." "I don't have time for this shit," I said, irritated. "Your impatience is callow, you're needlessly cruel, but have some respect for our historied rules." I sighed, rolling my eyes. "Mirror mirror..if you're....able..tell me all about this Fable," I rhymed (ooooo bigby's about to drop the hottest rap album of 1986). "See? Was that so hard?" Magic Mirror asked with sarcasm. "Yeaahh, I'm about two seconds away from kickin' a hole in ya," I said, crossing my arms. He shook his head and assured, "There's no need for that..fine." "Of which Fable do you wish to know?" The girl, I thought. Maybe I can use the mirror to see her. Maybe help me with this case, I thought (he thot). "I don't know her name. Not yet anyway," I said. "Well, until you do...I can't help you," he responded. So much for that, I thought. "Show me Snow White," I grinned. The mirror's head disappeared, showing Snow talking on the telephone. I looked back at her and playfully smiled. Whew. "Not much of a request. She's in this very room," Mirror said, coming back.  "Show me the Woodsman," I glared. The Magic Mirror disappeared, showing a drunken Woodsman stumbling down the street with a bottle of booze in his hand. "Where is he?" "What you see is complete. The Woodsman stumbles down a street," Mirror smirked. "No shit. Which street?" I asked, annoyed. "I'm sorry, Bigby. I can only show you what can be seen," the mirror explained. "Show me Bufkin," I smiled. The mirror faded into a scene of Bufkin drinking in the rafters. "Ey! Put down the bottle and get to work!" I yelled. "Hueeh, still looking!" he yelled back, startled. "Nobody right now," I said. "Very well. Please return should you wish to ask about someone else..or someone new," he replied. He faded off into my reflection.

(NO POV)

Bufkin flapped his wings and flew down with a stack of books in his arms. He dropped them and fell to the ground. Rhys raised his eyebrow. Snow covered the talking part of the telephone and looked at the fallen monkey. She uncovered it and ended the conversation with Vivian. "Well, I'm sure we'll get it all cleared up. Okay. Thank you." The assistant hung up the phone. Bufkin placed the books on the side table as Snow began to look through it. Rhys and Vaughn came over and started to gawk at the illustrations. "Well, I'm sure we'll get it all cleared up. Okay. Thank you." The assistant hung up the phone. Bufkin placed the books on the side table as Snow began to look through it. Rhys and Vaughn came over and started to gawk at the illustrations. "Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf? Big Bad Wolf. Big Bad Wolf. Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf? TralalaAAAHH!!" Vaughn sang, pointing at the wolf until he felt a strong hand pull the back of his vest, lifting him off his feet. Rhys' eyes widened as he backed up with his hands in the air. "Okay okay okay, I'm sorry, man!" Vaughn cried. Bigby glared at him, thinking, I hate that song. He grabbed Rhys by the back of his vest and took them back to Fiona and Sasha. Fiona put her hand on her hip, raising an eyebrow. Sasha rolled her eyes, shaking her head. Bigby put them down in front of the girls. "Stay. Put." he ordered. Rhys and Vaughn nodded quickly. The Sheriff walked back to Snow, placing his hands on the table and looking down at the book. "Bigby, you really didn't have to do all of that," Snow commented. Bigby looked at her and shrugged, smiling guilt fully. He turned his attention back to the book, swallowing the lump in his throat. "We'll start with these. Any information on Fables in our communities will be in these books," Snow said. He looked back down at the book. "I haven't seen Badger around for a while.." Bigby said. "He likes his privacy, I think." "I wish Toad would like his a bit more," he commented. Rhys stared at Fiona and Sasha and a thought immediately came to his head. "So....what happened with that Felix guy anyway?" Rhys asked, concerned. "Why do you ask?" Sasha glared. "Oh opp- sorry it's n-none of my business," the Hyperion nerd replied. "He got greedy. That's all there is to it," Fiona replied. "Okay," he replied. Bigby found a certain weaselly bastard running away from the Headless Horseman. "Ichabod Crane," he said. "What's that?" Snow asked. "Your boss. His finest moment," the Sheriff joked. "Hard to understand how he ended up running this place.." Bigby and Snow looked at each other, thinking the same thing. "Well...maybe it's time that changed.." Miss White replied (OOOOOO QUEEN SNOW IS IN DA HOUSE). He found something that caught his eye and he squinting down at it, trying to get a better look (me in class basically cuz I can't see THE FUCKING BOARD HOLY SHIT). "I've..seen this before," he said. "This symbol on the man's clothes. It's the same as the ring's.." "Could be her father..or husband," (or her father's husband) Snow suggested. "This has all the emblems from the old days and usually what family they come from. If it's in here, we'll have her name." Bigby nodded and went over to the Book of Symbols.