eighteen

hyung, its been a week since they brought me here

hyung, its been a week since they brought me here. i don't want to stay here. they monitor all of my actions. i don't want to stay with her, she's manipulative. i can't see you crying- i don't know what you're doing...i hope you're fine....i'm sorry... i should have been careful- they found out and....i'm just sorry hyung

i am writing this diary because i don't really have anyone to talk to. i miss you. i miss heeseung hyung, riki, jaeyun hyung- i want to be with you all. we can play rugby again.

i miss being around you. how can i escape again and talk to you? they took me far away... can you come here? ever? i don't think so... maybe this is my life?

jungwon couldn't process what he was reading. who's heeseung, jaeyun, riki? he doesn't know them, does he? but why did the names felt like a deja vu to him?

"whats this jungwon?" sunghoon asked

"we found it" thats all jungwon mumbled

hyung, i didn't eat anything today... didn't feel like. it snowed today, you know. it reminded me of us. haha, those were the days. that fountain haha..

hyung, you know i want to run away... but there are guards here. wait and watch, i'll run away one day. to you.

jungwon felt the tears in his eyes as he studied the diary carefully

hyung, they ask me to forget you... they'll probably not care if i starve and die...they won't...how do i move on? did you move on hyung? these will forever stay written in my diary...i wish we can meet again. 
i wish i can tell you how beautiful you look while smiling.

i just received your letter, i kept it with me secretly...i still have riki's wig hehe, i will visit you... i know you're waiting for me...haneul will go out to meet her family during christmas... i'll sneak out.

this can't be the same person who murdered jongseong hyung. how's that possible? his words sound like he's deeply in love- then where's the missing puzzle piece- jungwon thought.

he flipped through the page when he reached the last page of the diary.

did it really have to end like this? hyung... i didn't kill you ... i didn't...

there was a water drop mark on "didn't"... was he crying when he wrote it?

this diary was meant for jongseong hyung... he wrote this diary thinking that it was jongseong hyung. he stopped writing the day jongseong died? ..

it looked like a coping mechanism to jungwon. his great-grandfather used to write in it whenever things went out his control. but now that the person he imagined the diary to be is gone, the reason for writing disappeared too. his only coping mechanism disappeared.

she killed you. that woman in your household is none but her loyal worker. she was the one who asked her to keep an eye on you hyung ...and control you.... and they even told me after they killed you ...

they told me that they uprooted the tree that was in their way...as a whole... my whole body is shaking hyung i don't know hyung please don't leave me...  they were the ones who gave me the gun and threatened me with that letter... that if i don't cut all the contacts with you they will kill you ..i couldn't risk it.

that one page was filled with tear stains.
jungwon understood what happened. it was planned. they planned to kill jongseong in such a way that it looks like jungwon killed him. they blackmailed jungwon to threaten jongseong. they knew jungwon wouldn't budge and would keep loving jongseong... so until they kill either of them, it wouldn't cease.

they couldn't kill jungwon... so they killed jongseong. inside that diary was a small crumbled page and when he opened it.... he found a letter... more like the letter which blackmailed jungwon into do such a thing.

things got clearer now.

"i still don't understand a word...whats going on jungwon please explain"

"its a big story sunoo hyung... its basically there's someone who needs justice and we're trying to find proofs so that he gets what he deserves"

"....are you practicing law? you never told-" sunoo said but he was cut off by the caretaker.

"young master, the food is ready- shall i serve it?" he asked.

jungwon nodded and followed him out.

right now, his only aim was to tell jongseong how jungwon didn't kill him...but he was killed by someone else.

he really hoped that jongseong would believe it.