# 02.

My mind could not process what my mom was trying to tell me, I was so confused, why can I not go out?

"Mom, may I ask why? I know it's probably because it's rainy but I can prepare an umbrella everytime I go ou-" I was cut off.

"No. It's not because of the rain, it's just very dangerous these days, the news said so. And, don't worry, I won't go out as well. We have everything we need here, there'll be no reason for us to go out." She said.

I nodded. It's strange, why would my mom not allow me to go outside? What about school? My friends? Does she not care about my entertainment?

After dinner, my mom insisted to wash the dishes herself, so I decided to take a nap even though it was only 8:30 pm, which is not really a normal time for me to go to bed. Suddenly, I woke up at 1 am. My brain, telling me to sneak out and see if it's actually dangerous outside. Damn, why am I so curious?

I try, and see if I could sneak out. I don't wanna be in a house that's quiet and full of rules. I want to socialize as well. And, news are usually fake, I don't even get to see or hear the news actually saying it's dangerous outside? My mom might be making this up. I opened the blinds and, mom came into my room.

"Sunoo! What the fuck are you doing? I just said, do not go out!" She exclaimed. "Ever since your s-" She stopped talking. Ever since my what?

"Nevermind. I'm sorry, Sunoo. But, please..go to bed. I'll stay with you tonight. I know you can't sleep." Mom said.

I found it odd how she immediately knew I was gonna sneak out. The next morning, I saw my mom sitting next to me on the bed, she looks..so tired. And, I have no idea why.

"Mom..good morning. Did you make breakfast already?" She did not answer my question, or even look at me.

I slowly went close to her and tapped her shoulder, I asked again.

"Mom? Is there breakfast already?"

"Yeah, I mean, no. I'm sorry, I feel extra tired today, but I wont forget to make breakfast for you. Go downstairs if you want to, I'll be in the kitchen cooking."

Since I was close to her, her eyes looked like she needed sleep, those eyebags can't even be covered by her concealer anymore, is she not sleeping? I am so confused.