Chapter Dos

Harry didn't enjoy going to the fair. He was too anxious to focus on the fun and was absorbed and worried about what he'd be like, 10 years from now.

2020. It seemed like forever away. He wondered what it would be like. Would there be new cars? Technology? Cars that drive themselves. No, that'd be crazy. How would they even do that?

Would the world even exist 10 years from now? Maybe it'd be blown up by a nuke. Maybe as he'd sit down in the chair, waiting for him to come, no one would arrive. Because he had no future.

He'd heard of that happening and people being knowing they'd die in the next 10 years. It was like a clock, he guessed, ticking away and you never knew when it'd be your last moment.

He knew there was time travel. How else would they be able to go back 10 years? What else was there? He might have some new friends. There'd be different apps. Ones like YouTube but tons bigger. More accessible too. Maybe schools would be different, using computers and stuff to learn instead of textbooks and writing.

Would writing still be used in schools? Probably.

Then he thought about himself more than the future. What job would he get? He would've loved to go into some kind of entertainment. Movies, singing, comedy, whatever it was, Harry probably would've been perfect. But if that didn't work, he wanted something that earned money.

He wondered about a girlfriend. Who would he like? He remembered having the longest crush on Jennifer Aniston, from friends. Then he thought about friends, whether they'd come back and carry on. Somehow, he doubted it. Maybe they'd reunited though. He didn't know.

He pondered the possibilities all day as well as questions he was going to ask. He didn't want to sound too naive, too childish. He planned out his questions carefully, hoping they sounded mature and to the point.

Then remembered his future self would remember this. Then thought 'Oh screw it'. It was himself anyway, there was no need to be embarrassed. They might even become friends in a way, joking the hour instead of actually asking things.

That'd happened too, leaving the present person clueless.

He didn't want to do that.

Ok, maybe a bit of fun. But more to the point.

He'd asked Gemma how hers went and the questions she'd asked but she was very private about it. She only told him about the job she was getting and her achievements. But it looked like she was holding back.

Whatever it was, Harry was possibly going to find out, today.

As their trip to the fair ended and their adventure to the centre began, Harry felt like the situation was more real now.

He was going to meet himself. Himself 10 years later.

Wow.

The car ride was silent apart from something playing on the radio. It only made Harry feel like his gut was being shaken like a cocktail, the awkward silence.