7: Mission Part 1

Tory POV:

We were in the armoury, choosing the highest quality weapons to take down whatever people planned on blowing up Chrystal Palace. There was tension between me and Candy, but I supposed we had both come to some sort of an agreement. Maybe T.J had spoken to her as well, I wouldn't know.

Everyone seemed so two-faced. Wheras just two days ago, when I'd met these people, they were joking around and smiling, fiery and energetic, all they were now was agents on a mission.

Once we had all dressed in our black jumpsuits and layered this with normal clothes so we weren't recognisable, we set off. We took the bakerloo line to Kensington, getting the overground train. Although I had been through this process before, the younger boys stared around in wonder, clearly new recruits. The station was grey concrete, nothing special, but the tiles and platform had all been restored so it looked like a Victorian steam train platform. Small wooden signs signalled the bathrooms and platforms, and glass green lamps lined the walls. 

We then got the train, after waiting about 20 minutes. It went remarkably fast, and after going through many dark tunnels and over many bridges, we were in London.

I decided to take a tourist approach, looking in awe at the classic British monuments and smiling more than I would normally. My team followed my lead and we were all smiling, smiling and laughing. We didn't see what was coming for us. We wandered over the bridge, passing the Houses of Parliament in all its golden glory. The London Eye loomed above us on the left and St. Thomas' Hospital on the right. We turned right just after the London eye and ducked into a small dusty bar, nothing too over the top. 

Small wooden tables lay dotted across the floor, with red leather chairs underneath each. A circular bar sat in the corner, and a man of about 60 years of age stared down at us from it. I tried my best to ignore his patronizing stare, and my team walked over to a booth in the very corner opposite the bar. There sat about 12 young guys my age, who we assumed to be agents. Just to be sure I said:

"What lies on the other side of the galaxy?"

"One great, great thing." One of the guys said, not smiling at all. This practically stripped me of any former happiness. This was business, and business alone.

"And why that thing so far away?" I shot back.

"Because it enjoys being lonely, so it can't be hurt." The same guy replied. I always used this agent verification because this 'thing' reminded me so much of us agents. They all did. This one, however, seemed so much particularly like me, that I often felt my heart break at the final words. It may seem strange, but it really is quite sad.

"Ok. I'm Agent Alan Briallard. Leader of Team B, rank 5 of the Unit commitee."  Said the same guy again, smiling as if he was soo awesome.

"Right. Agent Tory. Leader of Team A, rank 2 of the Unit commitee." At this, both teams sucked in sharp breaths and Agent Alan looked plain shocked, his prior smile had disappeared. The smirk returned to my face. 

"How come you're on this mission Agent rank 2?" He asked, recovering from his former shock.

"Why, as soon as I hit the age of twenty, I'll be up, changing rules of the Unit commitee like nobody's business. I'm only eighteen Agent Alan, and I'd prefer it if we just called eachother by first titles." I replied tiredly, having done this many times before.

"Right. Well, Agent Tory", he said, making me glare at his refusal to just call me Tory, "I belive we should begin the mission, and not waste pretty time pondering on your name. I shall call you Princess, and you shall call me whatever you please. We'd best be on our way."

My mouth opened and closed like a goldfish, but in the end, I just stomped after Alan, determined to get this business over and done with.

"Right. I believe we should make our way to Gunnersbury, so we can walk up on the opposition with suprise." I said when I had catched up with him, suprisingly hard with my short legs and his spider-like ones.

But we never got to Gunnersbury park.