Sunshine Lollipops~

Sundrop walks toward me, my heart skipping a beat out of nervousness. All of a sudden he turns, making his way to the ball pit. Sundrop whisper yells in my direction "come here!"

I point at myself to make sure he was talking to me and he chuckles and nods waving his hand, motioning me to come. I stand setting the book I held in my lap next to the boy it belonged to. he groggily opened his eyes and held up the doll he originally stole, he whispers "thank you mister.." 

I smile and gently take the doll "no, thank you..sweet dreams kiddo..."

He smiles and shuts his eyes, drifting off back to sleep. I take a deep breath to calm my nerves and made my way over to Sundrop, stuffing the doll into my little bag. He had already crossed the river of balls and had his hand on the wall to help him keep balance on the edge of the other side. He reached out his hand and nodded his head toward it. I stood my ground, "where are you leading me..?"

Sundrop points up at the stage above us then reaches his hand out again. I consider my options then decide to follow, I mean its not like he's gonna hurt me he works with kids in a daycare! I take a few steps back, then inhale a deep breath and make a running jump holding my hand out to grab Sun's. He grabs my hand and pulls me to him knowing that I wouldn't be able to make the jump without a little help. I was pressed against his body trying to regain balance, he smelt like rosemary and lemon baby soap. Sun pressed a certain spot on the wall and it opened like a door then held his hand out into the little hall that led to a spiral staircase upwards, "ta dah!" he exclaimed quietly, trying not to disturb any of the kids awake. I giggle and make my way in and up the stairs fixing the glasses on my nose. We arrive at the top in a small room covered in crafts and drawings presumably made by the kids that visit and a few that seem made by Sun. "phew.." Sun says "sorry for not saying much! I didn't wanna wake the kids up! it's been ages since they've been able to sleep with the lights on..may I scan you?" 

I nod "yeah go ahead I don't mind!"

His eyes glow blue as he scans me looking up and down my body. After Sun finishes his scan he says all the info he can, "[Name: Sunny Doll] [Age: 18] [Gender: Male] [PizzaPlex Pass: Approved] [Daycare Pass: None]" 

He thinks over the information for a moment then gasps, "Wait! Rule breaker! You don't have a Daycare pass! what are you doing here in the first place??" he asks examining my face.

I gulp putting my hands up a little "I will admit i did come in without a pass, I just was curious as to what the Daycare looked like! I was in the gift shop and saw the plushes of you and knew I hadn't seen you in the entire place so I investigated and then one of the kids stole my plush so I chased after him down the slide and that's how I wound up here..I didn't actually mean to come into the play area so I apologize for that and will take responsibility for my actions sir.." 

I look down in shame and embarrassment. I bite my lip trying not to cry, with all the overwhelming things that have already happened and now this immense embarrassment it was hard to keep it together. It seemed Sun noticed and put his hands up, "Oh my! I'm so sorry I didn't mean to make you cry!"

I shake my head "no no don't be! this was gonna happen at some point don't worry, I cry when I get embarrassed so I'm used to it considering it happens a lot...not to mention all the colors and sounds are starting to become overwhelming..." I say as I shut my eyes and tilt my head back trying to let the tears in the corners of my eyes dry and take a deep shaky breath.

"may I... hug you?" Sun asks "As an apology?" 

I nod vigorously and hug him. He gently rubs my back, "its ok to cry Sunny..especially around me.." Sun leans his head against mine, his metal radiating a comforting warmth. 

I sniffle and eventually start crying into his shoulder. Letting all my worries and doubts fade into this robots warm shoulder. "feel better?" Sun asks, handing me a tissue.

I nod smiling "very much so, thank you Sundrop.." 

"you can just call me Sun if you'd like!"

"alrighty then I'll be sure to remember that!"

We smile at each other, I feel my cheeks grow red and then I clear my voice, "A-Anyways, shouldn't the kids sleep with the lights off? Bright lights like these won't be good for their sleep..."

Sun rubs the back of his neck, "W-Well um..." he sighs "You're right..stay here, I'll hopefully be back..." 

He jumps off the balcony into the ball pit below and makes his rounds covering the sleeping children and giving them pillows then he gets to the light switch. Sun takes a deep breath and shuts the lights off. I sit on the balcony looking out across the darkened daycare feeling way more relaxed now that the colors were less vibrant. All of a sudden my eyes lock on something that was slowly coming towards me. I squinted then realized who this must be.

He chuckles "hello there..~"

Moondrop, the nap time care attendant.

Author: I'm so happy with how this is coming out so far, so proud of my self ;w; <3