Chapter 3

The trip to Derek’s house takes a lot longer than usual, since he ducks every time he sees another car on the road, because if someone he knew saw Derek driving Stiles’ Jeep, that could cause a lot more complications that Stiles really didn’t need right now.

Finally, he makes it to the long driveway where he knows no one will be driving, so he speeds down the road. Parking the Jeep, he glances at the clock. 8:03. He strolls up to the door, waiting for Derek to pop out of nowhere like he always does. Stiles smirks, imagining the look on Derek’s face when he sees… himself. Oh, he should’ve brought his camera, because this is going to be priceless.

Surprisingly, however, Derek still hasn’t made his dramatic entrance yet. “I wonder if he’s at the train depot,” Stiles thinks to himself when he reaches the front door with still no sign of the sourwolf.

Stiles tentatively knocks on the charred door, and upon finding no response, knocks rougher, in a more demanding way. Still no answer. He tries the doorknob, and finds it unlocked. So he slowly opens the door and hesitantly steps into the house.

“Hello?” Stiles calls out warily, “Derek? You home?” 

Nothing, not a peep.

He slowly makes his way to the stairs, where he knows Derek’s room is.

“Derek? Please don’t jump out of nowhere and kill me. It’s me Stiles. Well, kinda. I mean, technically I’m you, but underneath all the appearance, I actually still am Stiles. You know what, why don’t you come out, and we can try and figure out exactly what-”

Stiles is now at the top of the stairs, and he can make out the faint heartbeats of someone behind a closed door near the end of the hallway.

He’s more freaked out now, of course. Why would Derek be there, hiding in his room? He edges towards the door and slowly turns the knob. Carefully, he pushes the door open and looks around the room noticing that is sparsely decorated, with very few things hung up on the wall, and only a few pieces of furniture, before his eyes land on the bed.

And there, lying snuggled up under the covers, is Stiles, the original Stiles before he apparently became Derek.

“Fuck my life.”