Chapter 21

The next day at school, Lorenzo went to pick Caterina up. They've started going to school together now; poor Sam has to continue being a bus driver for nothing.

Gone were the loose buttoned-up plaid shirts, glasses, and unfitted black pants that Lorenzo wore daily.

"You look different," Caterina squinted her eyes as he got out of the car to open her door.

"Yeah, I just thought, why not?" Lorenzo shrugged, smirking as she checked him out.

"But why?" Caterina wondered, tilting her head.

"Why not?" Lorenzo argued.

"Okay, but why?" Caterina questioned again.

"Are you with me cause I dress like a nerd?" Lorenzo gaped, 'the only reason I wore that was so I'd be left alone... but now that I'm not, I can dress however I like.'

"What? No. And you're not a nerd, to begin with. But your appearance isn't what makes you a nerd..." Caterina explained causing Lorenzo to laugh.

"Aw, my girlfriend is so smart," he spoke, patting her head.

"Don't touch my hair," Caterina joked.

"Well, I did style it today. So, don't ruin it, please," Lorenzo pleaded.

"We'll see," Caterina teased, smiling when he pouted.

Lunchtime came around, and by now everyone was staring at Lorenzo; who was waiting in the lunch line while Caterina sat at their table with Carly.

"The semester is nearly about to end, come sit at our table," Bianca pleaded, smiling as she saw Caterina's shoes, 'those are gorgeous.'

"Oh-," Caterina was about to deny only to be interrupted.

"Here you go babe," Lorenzo handed her, her food with a rose placed on the tray.

Caterina smiled as she blushed, "thank you," she kissed his cheek before turning her attention back to Bianca. "Oh, I'm sorry but-,"

"It's okay. Lorenzo, you look different. What happened?" Bianca faked concern, touching his arm lightly.

"Huh?" Lorenzo questioned, moving away.

"Are you one of those girlfriends that change the guy they're dating? Cause that's fucked up. Lorenzo looked good just the way he was," Bianca defended, "What's wrong with you? it's hones-."

Caterina stared at her, confused by her outburst, 'what is she talking about?'

"Are you done?" Lorenzo glared, "Not that it's any of your business, but she doesn't even like the new look."

"What? No. I like it, it's just that I wasn't expecting it," Caterina rushed out, "you look very handsome, babe."

"I know," Lorenzo smirked, winking at her.

"Cocky little shit," Carly whispered to herself.

"Look Enzo, I didn't mean she was like that. I was just saying how it's annoying when people try to change their significant others," Bianca defended.

He just looked at her with a 'fuck off' expression, "Lorenzo."

"Right, of course. I'm sorry, Caterina. If you guys wanna join her when she finally comes to our table, please do," Bianca mumbled, clenching her fist.

"We're good," Carly glared, "bye now," 'I should break her nose... she can get a nose job again can't she?'

"Alright, bye," Bianca smiled, waving as she walked away.