Chapter 32

Caterina sighed out loud, 'Why today?' she thought as she watched Dante's parents, her 'grandparents' in a way, sitting in the living room.

"Hello, dear," Dante's mother said as she rushed over to Caterina, pulling her into a hug.

"Hey gramms," Caterina greeted as she pecked her cheek, "hi gramps," she said as she shook his hand.

"Your grip is not strong enough, Caterina," Gramps stated with a sigh, "have you been working out?"

"I have," Caterina nodded, "and my grip is strong enough Gramps, I just don't use it on you since you're old."

"You-," Gramps started only to be cut off by Dante.

"Dad, don't. I thought you came to check up on me," Dante stated, "as you can see, I'm okay."

"You kids have no respect," Gramps tsked, "Is this how you treat all your guests?"

"You're not a guest," Phoenix shrugged, smiling when Gramms nodded in agreement, "yeah, we're family."

"You all always gang up on me," Gramps sighed, "whatever. Dante, when are you getting back to work?"

"After tomorrow, dad," Dante replied.

"Good," Gramps nodded in approval, "where are Giovanni and Seth? Those boys should be here, no?"

Caterina held back her laugh as she watched Dante groan.

'Boys? Really?' Dante groaned, "they're working."

"I heard you have a sister now," Gramps said, looking at Caterina before letting out a sound of disappointment, "that boy should have been more careful. Letting a girl birth his kid without even knowing about it for all those years."

"Dad-," Dante sighed.

"Well, it wasn't his fault seeing as the woman carrying his child hadn't informed him about it. Even if it was his fault, everyone makes mistakes," Caterina shrugged, "at least he's taking responsibility. Unlike some people who only know how to blame others and waste time, luckily my dad's not like that. He's man enough to do the right thing rather than play the blame game or give irrelevant opinions on things that are too late to change."

Gramps smirked, letting out a chuckle, "still can't handle someone talking about your old man huh?"

Caterina shrugged with a fake grin.

"Enough," Gramms sighed, "you," she pointed at Gramps, "go call Seth and Giovanni."

"And Caterina, you come with me. We need to talk," she stated, walking away and leaving Caterina to follow her to the garden.

"Come here, precious," Gramms called, as she patted the seat next to her on the bench.

"Everything okay?" Caterina questioned as she felt Gramms pat her hands.

"How are you feeling?" Gramms wondered, "Your Gramps been worried sick about you since he found out about the other kid. You're okay, right? If the mother and daughter say anything to you-."

'Yeah, right. Worried about me? hilarious,' Caterina thought sarcastically as she shook her head.

"Gramms," Caterina smiled as she placed a kiss on her hand, "I'm okay. Mae is very nice and kind, there's nothing to worry about. She's such a sweetheart; all she talks about is us being sisters one day," Caterina laughed.

"And the mother?" Grams raised a brow, "knowing Roxanne, she's bound to bitch around."

"Gramms," Caterina gasped, wide-eyed before giggling, "Well, she pissed me off on day one... but we're fine now. She apologized a few days ago, so," Caterina shrugged, "but I told her to watch herself," she winked.