1

I sat back in the metal chair with a sigh, looking around the grey room and blinking at the shining overhead light in the middle of the room, shining down on the table in front of me.

A male agent with brown hair that fell just under his ear and a female with blonde hair came in with files.

"Miss Lawrence. I'm Dr. Spencer Reid and this is Agents Jareau. We have a few things we would like to discuss." The male said as he stood by his fellow agent.

"Have a seat, Doctor." I said, gesturing the best I could to the seat across from me while my hands were in cuffs restrained by the table.

He took a seat and leaned forward, putting the files between us in the middle and folding his hands together patiently.

"Tell me. How does a freshman with a scholarship at Yale suddenly go off the rails and kills three of her fellow students?"

"And a professor." I added with a smirk.

"And a professor." He repeated, waiting for me to respond.

I looked from him to the agent standing close to him. "I'll tell you, but not with Ponytail in the room."

"Hey—"

"JJ. I'll be fine. Just wait outside?" Reid asked.

She sighed. "Fine. But if anything suspicious happens, I'm coming back in." She said and turned around, walking out of the room and having the door shut behind her.

"Now will you tell me?" He asked.

"But of course, Doc." I replied with a fake smile. "My brother left, as did my biological family. I was bounced around from foster home to foster home, eventually wound up on the streets. Killed a homeless man to get his stuff. No one would miss him."

"So you admit you're a psychopath?"

"Ouch. I prefer to be called a deeply influenced kid." I said.

"Well, whatever you want to call yourself, we'll make sure that you go away for the maximum."

"Mmh. Whatever you say, handsome." I said, leaning back in my chair and smirking at him.

The door opened again and a short woman with spiky blond pigtails and color clothes walked in, Aaron Hotchner walking in behind her and closing the door.

"You're the unsub?" The girl asked.

"Don't sound so shocked, honey." I replied.

"Vanessa. Why are you doing this?" Aaron asked.

"You know the unsub? How?" Reid asked.

Aaron looked at me, his face expressionless as he took a seat next to Reid.

"She's my sister." He stated.

I leaned forward and set my handcuffed hands in the metal table, having them clatter loudly as I moved.

"Let's be real with each other for a moment, Aaron. We were never brother and sister. We may be biological, but you abandoned me because you couldn't handle me." I said.

"When did you change your name from Hotchner to Lawrence?" Reid asked.

"Five years ago." I said.

"Why did you start killing?" Aaron asked.

"Oh, this is such a good story. You see, when you left to go become a big bad FBI agent, I decided to make a name for myself."

"And that means killing people?"

"Oh, no, Aaron. You're way off. They just got in my way and, well....I was having a bad day, let's just say." I said in a slow voice, having it thicken like honey.