girl at the bar

Gossips. Gossips. Gossips. Cardan is no stranger to words spreading from one mouth to another, the changes of the truth will eventually return to the actual truth. He is interested in them, of course. He enjoys them, even. But, he is an extremely hard person to please. Only certain things can force him to catch up on. Gossips, alcohol, parties.

But, that changes today.

Cardan is wiping the sweat off his neck as he hears his teammates chatting together, boisterous laughter echoing the locker room of the football players. It is a big day, and they win in the match, obviously. The sense of familiarity and belonging is there as his teammates greet him and congratulate him for his skills.

They pull him into a bone-crushing embrace that almost suffocate him because of the damned uniforms. He smiles lazily at them and heads towards his locker, checking his phone. Locke, Nicasia and Valerian have texted about his team's victory and they plan to take him out to the poshest bar possible to have fun. Cardan shakes his head and put his phone down.

He strips off his jersey and throw it into his bag, sitting on the vacant bench as he hears the conversation between his two teammates, Matt and Stefan. Cardan doesn't know much about them, but he knows they are good friends since high school. Funny story, Stefan's current girlfriend is Matt's ex. Sad, but funny.

"You know there's a bar down the alley? Nearby that posh residence? El says she's up to treat us for the victory tonight" Stefan says, a lovesick smile on his lips. Cardan pays no attention to this, of course. Cheap bars are hardly his taste. He's heard rumors that nothing there tastes good enough for his throat. Better save it up for a party with Locke, Nicasia and Valerian.

Matt's face brightens up. "That's cool of her, mate! Did you hear about the bartender there? I heard she makes good mix. Heard she's pretty too. Perhaps-"

"That's an understatement. That bar girl is an absolute dream!" Mark interrupts, his British accent so strong that it erupts the room to roar with laughter. Cardan laughs too, apparently interested with what he is hearing. He finishes the tie of his Nike Air and goes back to his locker, keeps listening to his teammates.

This bar girl is interesting. They said she used to work at a posh bar, too. Cardan wonders if he could try his luck to talk to her or woo her into giving him a free drink with his charms and wits. Been recently single has made it difficult for him to talk to other girls. Especially with them believing Nicasia that he was the one who cheated on her.

Although, he was the one who caught her snogging Locke.

Well, that's not important now, isn't it? He has moved on and is perfectly fine with his life. Besides, what can be more enjoyable besides money and parties? He'd rather slept on bed costs millions instead of being in love and poor. Cardan slings his bag and checks his phone before heading to the door. He stops, turning to Andrew who sits alone at the corner. He's the quietest among them all. Probably the only one who keeps an ear but not saying anything.

Cardan looks at him. "Has any idea what this bartender's name is?"

"Jude"

Jude. Cardan walks out from the locker room and heads straight to where his chauffeur is waiting with a well-polished black Ferrari. He steps into the car and thinks about his plan of declining his friends' plan to make a party for his victory tonight. He is more interested to know about this Jude girl.

C: Can't make it. Fucking exhausted
N: WHATTT? ARE YOU KIDDING??
L: Mate, we're halfway to get you
V: I didn't just spend 2k bucks for your sake...
C: Sorry. Don't bother to pick me up. I'm not at my place
L: Well, that's a tale
N: WHERE ARE YOU????
V: Stop it. Mate, you gotta pay back my 2k
C: I'll pay back 4k. Now stfu
N: BYEEEE CARDAAAANNNNNN :)
V: Fuck yea! Locke, I win!
L: You little shit