III

⚠️Warning⚠️: Smut.
_____________________

How much does a person really remember from when they were 8 years old? Gon figured when he was younger, he was a crazy kid. But those dark days were behind him now, replaced with a little piece of sanity.

Sanity that was rewarded from acceptance into society.

"Hey!" Meekly a voice hummed, "Gon, I...I have a question for you."

Brown eyes flickered upwards to see a tall girl standing over him. He recognized her immediately, "Hi, Palm." He lifted a hand off his comic book to comb back his long black hair. It almost matched the upperclassmen's style but his hair was a little off. He didn't know why, but everything about him seemed a little bit off. His face was always a bit more bumper with pimples, his height a bit shorter than most boy's his age, his hobbies too nerdy.

The older girl gave him a shaky smile, "I..." She fumbled a small folded up sheet of paper in her hand.

Gon ignored it. He'd been hearing a weird voice for a while now and he wasn't quite sure where it came from.

Rising to his feet, he smiled at her endearingly. He held his comic book in the air, "You wanna borrow another one?" He motioned to his locker. "I have a couple more in here."

"Don't smile at her, Gon! Don't give her those million dollar grins! THOSE ARE FOR ME!" The voice got louder and more aggressive.

"No. I mean, well maybe.... I'd like to borrow another in the future.. But.." Palm bit her lip, "I know you're a freshman and I'm a junior...but I really sorta wouldn't mind if." She paused, too embarrassed to go on and held out the slip of paper. "Just read it."

Strangely before Gon could reach for it, the paper took flight. It appeared to just fly out of Palm's hand as if carried away by a gust of wind. The paper flipped doing circles in the air, avoiding all the lockers in the hallway it danced around to another part of the school.

Gon murmured, "What the fuck?"

"Ahh! That! How..w-why?!" Palm babbled. She trembled slightly, "It's gone."

"That's fine." He touched her shoulders, trying  to comfort her. "You can just tell me what it said."

"Yeah..I..well do.. do you want to come to the upcoming football game with me.." Palm ushered, "L..li-like as my boyfri-"

Out of nowhere, Gon's whole entire world distorted. It went haywire, with a loud blood curdling screech. Locks on the lockers clattered, his backpack shook, and his long black hair blew wildly. His eyes were blinded by bright flashing lights almost like flairs going off in different colors. Deliriously, he let go of the girl as she appeared to catch a fire.

There was jealousy laced in the mysterious voice's words, "She likes you, doesn't she? Well too bad, Gon! You're mine!"

"No!" Gon howled in horror. His eyebrows knotting together, as his pupils shrank in their sockets. "Why the hell would I!?"

"Oh!" Suddenly, all the screams and the weird universe dissolved back into reality. Gon was finally able to see the tears rolling down Palm's face. The older girl cried, "YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO SAY IT LIKE THAT!" She slapped Gon harshly across the face.

The boy let out an gasp. His face stinging in pain as he helplessly watched Palm storm away from him. He struggled to reach out a hand, "Wa-"

"Shhsshh..." A wave of calmness washed over Gon. A cold touch slipped around his hips; it felt like a body pressed against him. "It's alright, sweetheart." The voice whispered in his ear, hot breath tickling the ends. "I'm here."