chapter 1

"ten seconds left! there it goes! Brian Smith was dribbling the ball and Drey Regis at the back, trying his best to steal the ball!"

7 seconds

"oh there you have it! In just a blink, the ball was dribbled by Drey passing it to Duke!"

6 seconds

"the game was getting intense at this moment! "

5 seconds

"Smith trying to steal the ball again from Duke but Duke is also having a hard time in there"

4 seconds

"whoa! That was incredible! The ball was held by Regis now!"

3 seconds

"there you have it! Regis was ready for the three point shot!" he dribbled the ball once and was ready to shoot

2 seconds

"Regis now threw the ball and was on its way to the ring!"

1 second

"Oh yeah! A three point shot made by Drey Regis!"

*eeeeeeiiinngg!* a cue that the game was finished already.

A loud noise coming from the audience just covered the whole gymnasium.

"TIGERS! TIGERS! TIGERS!" weird name for a basketball team. Isn't it? As i was walking to where the team was, i overheard something.

"whoa! I can't believe it. The score was just 98-97. They won and our team lost. This is the most intense game I've ever seen in my whole life" that just made me smile. Knowing that my best friend is one of the basketball team. He's the ace player, so as Agustin.

Then i saw Tyler few meters away from me

"hey you smartypants! Come over here!" he just rolled his eyes because of my remarks.

"hey you hopeless romantic paradox! Why don't you come here? You still have you feet, don't you?" he excused himself for a while "wait a minute coach"

"stop calling me that and i forgot, you have your feet too smartypants" as if he didn't heard her "fine Tyler Duke! You're wish is my command" as i bow my head acting like a dumb genie. And went towards him.

"you looked like a dumb genie doing that thing" he chuckled

When i get near him, i immediately nudge him "i know Tyl, so shut up" but he end up laughing. Do i look awful doing that thing? Nevermind.

"Tyler, stop laughing or else we'll end up fist fighting" i threatened him. He immediately stop.

"Okay okay" raising his two hands as if surrendering.

I smile and patted his head "good boy".

Wonder how i reached his head? Haha! Well, it's a secret. Just kidding. I jumped and patted his head. That's all.

"you really are my best friend Catastrophe Niell Stewart. I love you" saying i love you at each other was ordinary for the two of us. But the look he was giving me were so creepy

"aye, stop with the look Tyler Andrus Duke" as i shove him away and he bursted out laughing

"omg Tyler!" i exclaimed and that stopped him from laughing

"why? What? What happened?"

"Tyl, are you..... "

"am i what?" his eyes narrowing at me

"high?" he burst out laughing again. What's with this guy? I thought

"yeah. I've been smoking weed for a month already. Don't you know? " he said in a serious tone as i gasp in disbelief "oh no. Don't tell me you believed on what i said. HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA! The most ridiculous thing I've ever heard Stewart. I'm not high but Look at your face ---- PRICELESS! HAHAHAHAH!"

I turned my back and started walking away 'how embarrassing' i whispered

"where you going Cas?"

"I HATE YOU!" was the only word I can say

"oh! You know that i love you too!" that was the last sentence i heard as i left the gymnasium.

As i walk by the hall,  i was thinking how?   How did i become friends with my best friend?  Just weird. Was he really -

"ouch!" i bumped to a tall and hard chested guy as i fell on the floor. Slowly,  looking up,  finding his face. To my surprise,  it was the ace player. No,  not my best friend but the other ace player, Drey Regis. 

"uhm,  can you please help me up?" i asked politely

"give me a reason as to why i need to help you up" giving me those cold look

"because..... I fell on the ground?"

"what a lame reason"

"uhm.. Because.. You bumped me" then he looked at me again whith disbelief.

"are you being serious?  Am i the one who bumped you?" narrowing an eye at me

After he said those words,  i stand as fast as i could and composed myself.

"why do you have to be so rude? Does helping me up add fats on your body?!" i snapped

I admit that I've liked this person for almost 4 years now (yeah,  I liked him since i was in first year high school.  He was even my classmate) but with that kind of personality?  I don't think so.

He blinked but then composed himself " to answer those question" he paused,  as if thinking  "why do i have to be so rude? Actually, i am not rude,  that's how i treat girls and does helping you add fats on my body?  Nope. How can i add fats if i have this perfect abs of mine?"

"how do girls fall in love with such arrogant person like you?" my brows were now creasing in confusion

He shrugged and turned his back away from me

"even me" i whispered. Enough of him,  not to hear.

****

Hmm.. Is he really that arrogant?  let's find out.. Hahah.