Part 18

January 24

The class spent the next two days after they laned either eating good food, or on the beach. It was like they were incapable of leaving the sunny shores. All their nail polish was being stripped from the water, many of them had small sunburns from where they forgot to sunscreen or applied better, all the dyed hair was fading from the water and time, but none of them cared. They were happy and free and their hadn't been an akuma since they arrived.

Their morning consisted of class, and to important locations in the city. Their afternoons however were free, and they could explore as much as they wanted. Granted they still did and finished all their homework, or as Adrien would call it before a roll of laughter would follow, their "hotel-work".

The class broke into smaller groups for the afternoon. Adrien was in his room with Plagg, Kagami, and Longg talking about how Kagami might ask out Marinette.

"You could bring her flowers. I know cherry blossoms are her favorite." Adrien suggested while twirling a pencil, looking down at the worksheet in front of him.

"Isn't that a little cliche. Mari-Hime deserves something special." Kagami said while working on her own class worksheet.

Adrien looked up, "Mari-Hime, you haven't used that one before, what does that mean?"

Kagami looked up as well blushing slightly at the answer, "It is a title, it means princess."

"So, titles like that go, Chan- female friend, Kun- male friend, san-which is just anyone, Sempai is older than you, Sensei is teacher, Sama is royalty or god, and Hime is princess, did I get all of those right." Adrien asked, he had learned a couple of things from anime but wanted to double check, so not to offend anyone now that he is living with the Tsurugi family.

"Yes, you did great with that, Adrien-Kun. But now back to the topic of hand." Kagami responded, sounding very frustrated.

"Yes, your right Mari deserves something special, but so are you. You should do something that is special to you to ask her out." Adrien suggested, unhelpfully.

"What do you want me to do stab her, my specialty is sword fighting." Kagami looked at him like he lost his mind.

"Well, no, but..." Adrien was cut off by a knock at the door. "Saved by the bell," he thought going to open the door.

"Hey Adrien," Luka said standing on the other side, "Are you free?"

"Yeah, why?" Adrien asked looking confused.

"I'm taking you on our first official date." Luka told him smirking.

"Plagg lets go." Adrien responded excitedly.

"Wait what about me? How am I going to ask out Mari-Hime?" Kagami angrily asked. As Plagg said bye to Longg and flew to his holder, glad not to have to listen to all of this romance stuff anymore.

"Maybe try what Luka did." Adrien said before quickly shutting the door and making a speedy way down the hall laughing. Hoping that Kagami will have cooled down from that comment by the time he is back in the room.

"That was mean." Luka informed when they were both inside the elevator.

"Yes, but I don't know about you, but I want to go on this date more than I want to help Kagami finally ask out Marinette." Adrien replied.

"Oh, no I agree with you, I think we both deserve to be a little selfish today. But I felt like it needed to be said." Luka responded.

"So where are we going?" Adrien asked turning to his hopeful future boyfriend.

"Well while out with Juleka to buy all of the hair products for our "we all die our hair" group, I saw a poster for an outdoors restaurant that has a live band tonight. I thought it would be a good place for us to go." Luka responded happily.

"Oh, that sounds fun! And you need a better name for that group." Adrien told his date.

"Agreed, but this is the first time we will have died our hair together before, so it's not like we have had time to pick a group name." Luka explain the bad name.

"Why are you dyeing your hair together?" Adrien asked.

"You've never seen the shower after someone colors their hair, have you." Luka stated more than asked, with a slight laugh in his tone.

"No," Adrien answered confused.

"Well, for me, it looks like a murdered a Smurf in the shower. We agreed to consolidate the mess." Luka answered, failing to hold in his laughter any longer, with Adrien joining in. The elevator was filled with laughter till they got to the last floor.

The pair joyfully walked to the restaurant that Luka had seen the ad for. They were seated outside, where the band was playing, and the cool beachy breeze flowed around them peacefully.

"So, what is it like dyeing your hair?" Adrien asked, he was beginning to understand that he was free now. Which seeing with what Chat Noir usually did, was about to make him dangerously adventurous.

"Cold, it tickles, if you don't do it right it will burn." Luka answered not really getting the question as he looked back at the band for a second, before realizing what Adrien might really be asking. "Why?" Luka asked looking back at him questioningly.

"I was just thinking that since I am no longer under my father control and modeling for him, that I might try somethings. I could do whatever I want, I mean I would still probably check with Tsurugi-San first." Adrien answered, looking closely at Lukas fading hair color.

"Tsurugi-san, I thought we all called her Mrs. Tsurugi?" Luka questioned confused at the new term.

"Well, I figure that if I am living with them I should use the Japanese terms. I mean it is the least I could do."

"I think that is great. Your melody really has changed. It is so much lighter, and brighter. I am glad you seem to finally feel free." Luka told his smiling so wide.

"Yeah, I knew I was trapped, but I didn't realize I wasn't free... that doesn't make sense does it." Adrien told him hanging his head down.

"No, it does, you knew you weren't free, but you never knew what free felt so you never knew what all you were missing. I had something similar with Dad. I knew he wasn't there, but I never fully knew what I was missing till I actually had him." Luka told him gently taking Adrien's hand in his own.

Adrien stared at Luka's hand on his for a little while, "green."

"What," Luka questioned quietly still gentle after what they had just been discussing.

Adrien looked up fully meeting Luka's eyes, "for my hair, I think I would do green."

"We could pick it up tomorrow." Luka told him giving Adrien's hand a comforting squeeze with his own. With that the pair looked back to the band while they waited for their food.

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N

1. Sorry for the long wait, I'm so glad you are all reading it and liking it!

2. What should the dyed hair group be called? This group includes Luka, Juleka, Adrien, Ivan, Zoe, Myleene, Kim, and Alix.