Payback

Baylee

I speed into the hospital parking lot and get out. I run inside like I was running from a demon. Everything was going in slowmotion. I made it to the main desk and I got in just in time for visitors. I thanked the lady and ran down the white tile hall. I made it to his room and saw him asleep on the hospital bed. My heart snapped. I felt it. A pain in my chest, burning. I walked up to him and saw how much he grew up. Last time I saw him we were fourteen. I took a seat in a cushion chair close to him. I just watched. His breathing in and out. The nurse walked in and looked at me.

"Hi Hun." She smiled.

"Hi, I'm Baylee. His um ex girlfriend. Will he be okay? Is the bullet hole okay?"

she looks at me funny then shakes her head.

"Honey he never shot himself. He used a red paintball. He did leave this note and I'm assuming it's for you." She says handing me a lined piece of paper.

I looked at the name and it says to Baylee. I shivered and opened it. I started reading.

Baylee,

Baylee, my love, love of my life. I'm sorry I left you for 5 years. I just was upset and not understanding what happened that day when Jack kissed you. I should've listened but I didn't. I hope that you understand that I was going to fake my death as a distraction. I hope you understand that. I love you Baylee Jade Espinosa. Only you.
Hayes.

"B-Baylee?" A soft cry speaks in front of me.

I look up from the note and see hayes. Sat up and looking at me. I start breaking down into tears and run to him. I wrap my arms around his neck and squeeze. I hear him sob onto my shoulder as well. I pull away and look at him.

"I understand if you wanna slap me now." He says flinching.

I shake my head and look at him.

"I'm not mad at you." I whisper.

His face relaxes and he smiles. He starts to lean in for a kiss but I back up.

"U-Uh hayes I have a boyfriend." I blurt.

"W-what?"

A feel tense and speak again.

"I have a boyfriend.....for several months now. It took me five years to forget you. Knowing I thought I would never see you again because I thought you were dead!" I start crying.

"Hey hey hey hey. It's okay Baylee."

"The problem is..."

"What's the problem?" He asks really curious.

"I'm still in love with you...."

}•{}•{

I'm in the waiting room waiting for hayes to get out. I take out my phone and see I have a lot of missed calls from mike. I call him back and he answers right away.

"BAYLEE?" He yells.

"Mike? What? Are you at a party?"

"Uh no I'm home!" He yells again.

"Stop yelling." I say sternly.

"Baby! Come back to bed!!" I here a voice on the other line.

Anger erupts inside of me and I breathe in.

"You know. Mike I don't think this is working. Because your a dick. It's over. Bye now."

I hang up. I tuck my phone away and see hayes walk out. we walk out to my car and hop in. I keep my jaw clenched and hands on the wheel. Hayes turns the radio on and "I don't Fuck with you" by Big Sean comes on. I shake my head smiling because he knows this is our favorite song. He starts singing and I join in.

After the song ends he turns it down and says something.

"Hey are we going home?"

"No."

He nods and I drive to mikes house.

We arrive and I hop out.

"Want me to come I-"

"No."

I shut the door and walk up to his door. I barge in and see him making out with another girl on the counter.

"Hey babe! How are you and this slut?" I ask as sarcastic as possible.

He pulls away fast and comes over to me.

"Listen, bitch. I never loved you. I was just using you for money. You're a whore and a pretty ugly one too. Now if you'll excuse me I have to continue making love to this hot model." He smirks and walks away.

"Hey girl what's your name?" I ask.

"Paige!" She smiles.

"Well Paige just saying don't have sex with him or he'll give you Herpes trust me Hun you do not want to be down that road." I smile.

Her face goes from a smile into complete disgust and she runs out of the house. Now it was just me and Mike.

"Mike I have a question. Did it hurt when you fell from the whore tree? Banging all of them bitches?" I ask inching closer towards him.

"You're one of the bitches bay."

"I've been called worse Hun..." I smile sarcastically.

"oh yeah? Like what?"

"Your girlfriend." I say walking towards the door.

As I'm inching closer to the door I see hayes coming closer to the door. I open the door and he steps inside.

"And for the record mike, I'm great in bed. Hayes would know."

Hayes's eyes go wide and his face turns red. I smile and flip mike off and we walk outside.

"Hang on. I forgot something." I smirk. I go to the basement door and see mikes girlfriend making out with one of mikes best friends. I whistle to the boy and tell him to call mike. He does as I say and continues making out with the girl. Mike comes downstairs and his eyes go wide. His face turns into furious and he whizzes to the boy, pushing the girl off of him. I walk out quietly in satisfaction as I hear screaming and banging in the background. Me and hayes climb in the car and drive away.

We make it out onto the highway and head home.

"What are we doing?" Hayes asks.

"Going home.." I say with a straight face and my eyes glued to the road.

He nods and leans back and I race down the highway to the apartment.