Damaged

Baylee

I stand there looking at myself that is unconscious inside the ambulance. Gwen is next to my gurney and is unconscious as well. I look at the lady who is cleaning up my gash and what looks like broken arm.

"She's got a broken arm. And fractured foot." The lady with auburn hair says to the medic looking over Gwen.

"This ones got what looks like a fractured jaw, broken wrist, and was sliced across the stomach by a piece of metal." The man says.

"Okay girls, you hang tight. Don't let go." The lady says.

}•{}•{

We get to the emergency room and we are rushed into the room and they shoved a tube down our throats. The nurses were cleaning our hair which was caked with blood and debris. The doctors rushed in as well and took notes on a chart for us.

About three hours later we were both rushed out of the emergency room and the paramedics were putting us into a helicopter. I followed shortly behind and watched myself and Gwen. The paramedics were getting the hair out from our faces and we zoomed along the dusk sky. The helicopter hit an air pocket and it was a little bumpy but we all managed.

}•{}•{

When we got to the ICU of Australia the medics rushed us in and I followed quickly behind. Gwen was bleeding again from her nose and the nurses beside us wiped it away. We reached another big room with pearl white tiles. They closed the curtain on gwens side. I looked at myself on the gurney. The stripped me down and started stitching fixing my foot and wrapped it in a tight ace bandage. Then they started pumping my stomach. The doctor took a quick X-ray and looked at my collapsed lung.

"We're going to need to get the excess air out from her right lung so it can expand when she breathes." The doctor says.

"Is she even breathing?" One nurse asked.

"Yes she's breathing it's just difficult because 1. She's unconscious. And 2. She has a collapsed lung!"

The doctors were rushing around and taking notes and cleaning us up. I really hope I live through this. If I don't. Oh god.