Ignorance isnt always Blissful...

Damiana waited impatiently as she watched the other 4 horsemen converse outside, seemingly stalling from starting their quest.
"Come on....go so I can follow you...what the hell?!" She growled when the 3rd eldest, Strife, ran back into the house.
"I know he didn't forget anything..." She mumbled, eyes still glued to the window.
"Oh... You did get jacked up." Strife change chuckled, passing her room.
"Thanks for the sympathy." Damiana looked towards her doorway.
Strife snickered and stepped into her room, invading her threshold. He turned and looked on her dresser, picking up one of Damiana's leather bound journals. Against her protest, Strife leafed through the book, attempting to decipher the human language she always seemed to write in.
"There has to be something about me in here...what language are you writing in?" He hissed, slamming the book shut.
"English, human English, you uncultur-don't you have a mission to go on?"
Strife crossed his arms across his chest, yellow eyes turning to slits.
He was laughing....
Damiana growled and looked back out the window, growing bored of their conversation.
"We'll be back soon....don't make it too obvious that you're following us." He said, turning to leave.
"How did you-"
"You're an open book."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gritting her teeth to push back the pain, Damiana edged Betrayal into a slow trot, slowing behind a large Boulder as her fellow horsemen slowed down.
"Crap...they didn't sense me, did they?" She mumbled to Betrayal, who neighed softly in concern.
Death and Despair led the front and came to a sudden stop. Death turned and began speaking to the other 3, but his voice was contorted in the whistling wind.
"What are you saying?" Damiana muttered, leaning in the saddle to hear better.
Death finished and turned back to the front after the rest of his siblings no deed in understanding. Slowly, a blue portal appeared before the feared horsemen and all of them charged into the swirling depths.
"Hey!" Damiana whisper-yelled, urging Betrayal into a quick paced canter.
Betrayal snorted and followed its rider's aids, obviously not wanting to cross into the blue portal.
"What's up with you, Betrayal?" Damiana grumbled, shifting her weight forward when Betrayal stopped.
Betrayal shook its head and charged into the portal, neither caring where it took them nor if they would be in danger.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Betrayal came to a skidding stop, almost throwing Damiana out of the saddle.
"Whoa...what?" Damiana glanced at their surroundings.
The pair ended up in a large field, filled with what it looked of barley or wheat, gently swaying in the wind. To the farthest end, a forest bordered the land, dark yet lit with warmth. Damiana slid down from the saddle and slowly walked around the large field with Betrayal close behind her.
"We aren't....where are we?" Damiana asked the calm air, feeling her tension evanesce from her mind.
Betrayal sniffed the air quizzically and followed Damiana, head bowed in apparent shame.
"Do you know? I don't see the others, do you think they figured I was behind them and changed the portal destination?" Damiana asked breathlessly, walking across the flowing fields.
Betrayal pushed its head into Damiana's silky black hair, pushing her forward a couple of feet. Damiana glanced back at Betrayal and gently patted the sleek fur on the mare's muzzle, reassuring the nervous charger. She slowly pushed the mare away and strained her eyes to see towards the horizon.
"Hey, look, a house!" Damiana mumbled, limping over to the house.
Betrayal, sensing its master's pain, walked beside her, waiting for Damiana to have need of its support. Damiana took a couple of steps and stopped suddenly, breathing heavily.
"What the-ow!" She yelped, falling to her knees.
"Betrayal, who's this?" A small, angelic voice rang out, stepping out from the brush.
A girl stood over Damiana, watching her in interest. She stood fairly tall, although her round face displayed her age of 12 years. Her hair, long and thick, had pure white ends that came up to her hip and she wore a gold diadem resembling olive branches and lotus flowers. Besides the height and scars across her pale body, the girl resembled Damiana somewhat.
"Ohhh....she's you're new- lets get her to Custos."