Art Class

While waiting in the detention office, I decided to spend my time reading because thinking about the washroom session with Asher and his velvety voice kept playing which was not healthy but that as well got interrupted as the door opened when I was just going to doze off.

"Never saw a student getting detention on their first day." Mrs. Hills was almost forty years old with a light brown complexion and dark brown hair. Her chubby face smiled at me and her dark eyes and darker eyebrows are raised high. She gestured for me to follow her.

"I'll take that as a compliment."

"Oh dear, You should, as my favorite student who helps me the most. "

"Your favorite student who gets detention a lot. " She stopped to open the door and got inside, me on her heels.

The silence stretched and while staring at the room she said, "You can talk about anything to me, okay, Jade?" She glanced at me before saying, "I'm here for you. " I just nodded and moved further inside. Looking at the damage I cringed.

"Yeah! It was Mr. Williams's idea of punishment. I put out all the canvases and stands but you have to clean this though. " Mrs. Hills was always there for me even when I pushed her away.

"Thank you." She just shook her head and headed out not before telling me to don't get in too much trouble. I should have known that the punishment will be cleaning the drawing room. The paint was all over the floor, on the chairs and table. Some are even on the walls. This was going to take hours. It was a mess but a good distraction.

***

I booked an Uber and started to check messages. Today was tiring all I wanted to do was get in bed and sleep. I slipped past and out by the backdoor of the Never-night bar and heeded my goodbye to Becca. The chilly breeze was fresh and icy, goosebumps erupted on my arms.

I needed to get home fast and then bathe and sleep. It was already late and my homework is still pending. It was hard not to doze off right here standing, I sighed, homework has to wait. I checked my phone again and it indicated that Uber will take five minutes to reach. I had two messages from Mom which I ignored. She started to send texts instead of phone calls these past few weeks. She thought if she rather sends texts than a call that has always gone to voicemail, I would give a response. I didn't.

"Hey!" I heard someone and turned back to find a guy who was holding a bag, my bag... How?

"You left it on the table. It is yours? Right?" He was holding my bag with cheeks flushed as if it was something embarrassing he was giving me or did he... Oh my God! He didn't see my vibrator. I plastered a smile.

"Ah, yes! Yes! It's mine. Thank you so much!" Stupid! How could I forget my damn bag which has my keys in it!

"By the way, I'm Raon Lee."

"Jade Wilson." I smiled at his awkwardness, he was kind of cute with his chestnut brown messy hair and brown shoes. Some strands of hair fell on his forehead and his eyes-

"Do you work here?"

"Ahh, Yeah!" I blurted out and felt my cheek heat when I kept gawking at him. His eyes were small, deep brown almost black, sparkling whenever he moves like he was holding mischief in them. The corner of his mouth ticked upward in a smile. His shoulders were broad, I noticed he might be a foot taller than me. He was wearing olive pants and a blue sweater which clung to his body and made it almost hard not to see a flat stomach. Why can't I have a body like that, huh? A football player or basketball from his height.

"Do you need a ride home?" He came a little closer and he was...stunning.

"I...I-" A loud honk sounded and we both cringed. We glared at the intruder. My cab driver!