Chapter 5

We started to prepare.

We brought all sorts of things, like a map of the whole kingdom (with Wayward Compass, the Quill, and all the pins), packed some lifeblood and took some charms. The charms Aether has have all sorts of benefits. Too bad you can only wear a couple at once.

"So," I asked, "how should we start?"

Aether looked down at the map, up at me, then back down at the map.

"It's rumored that the Crystal Peaks should have at least one," he told, "considering there are a lot of Miners there."

"How good are they at fighting?"

"Well, they throw their pickaxes at you, but you just have to dodge them. I don't think it will be such a problem. Plus, there are countless creatures that can help us."

"Wait, creatures help you??????" I was so confused.

"Yeah, but you have to show your peaceful to them, which isn't to hard."

"Alright then! Which direction should we go?"

"Well, the most easiest direction would be to go all the way down Dirtmouth and take the elevator. Problem is we don't have Crystal Heart."

"Crystal Heart?"

"It's basically a long dash. But they don't give them up for free. You have to prove yourself worthy of it by fighting the Crystal Guardian. And trust me, he is not an easy thing to fight. Meaning our only way to do that is to go through the other entrance."

-------author's note-------

So I know that you don't obtain Crystal Heart that way, but the way the game shows it is that there is only one, and I don't want only one vessel to have it. I also made Crystal Guardian more buffed cause if he was a simple boss then everyone would get Crystal Heart and that would just ruin the story. If this happens again with other abilities, I will make a note of it.

-------end of author's note-------

"Is the other entrance difficult to get to?"

"Well, we have to go through the Forgotten Crossroads, and the only vessels that inhabit that are the Forgotten Vessels. They aren't to much of a challenge though, considering their pretty boring, lame, and weak. To be honest, just ignore them cause they'll ignore you."

"Wow, you sure know your stuff," I said, astonished.

"Well, I've been around this kingdom a lot, so I do have my fair share in experiences."

"Wait, WHAT?!" I couldn't believe him! "YOU SAID I COULDN'T GO BECAUSE IT WAS TOO DANGEROUS, YET YOU'VE EXPLORED THE WHOLE THING?!"

"WELL NOT THE WHOLE THING" Aether defended. "JUST SOME PARTS"

"THAT STILL COUNTS IDIOT"

"wait, where did you learn that word from????"

Oops. Guess I shouldn't have said that.

"It doesn't matter. We're anyways just wasting time, so let's get going."

We walked over to the well and jumped in.