t a l k

c h a p t e r   t w o

            A hoard of hormone crazy teenage girls greeted us as we pulled into the school's parking lot. They were everywhere, giggling amongst each other. Like a swarm of over dressed, makeup wearing bees. "You've got to be kidding me," I groaned. I was not in the mood to deal with fangirls. "How did they even know that you're in town?" I asked, turning towards my brother.

"No idea, but hey, I'm not complaining," he said smirking, as he winked at the girls. I swear I saw one of them faint.

"Of course you aren't you pig." I rolled my eyes at him, always the player. Grumbling half heartedly, I got out of the car, battling my way through the crowd of girls who only had eyes for Aaron. It was nice to see him happy, I had missed having my twin brother around.

            As I walked through the hallways, I could feel the glares targeting my head. I could hear the whispers of, "Why did Aaron take her to school?" and, "do you think they are dating?" However, I stood up tall and did my best to ignore the gossip. Suddenly, a hand grabbed elbow and pulled me into an empty classroom. I prepared myself for an onslaught of high-pitched demands. "You're welcome Allie. You owe me big time," a familiar voice said. "I could practically see the knives those girls were throwing at you with their eyes. You're damn lucky that your best friend is here to save you." I rolled my eyes. Jess Abernathy, my best friend, had always had a flare for the dramatics.

"Oh how can I ever repay you," I said as sarcastically as possible, although I was pretty grateful for her pulling me out of the limelight.

"You can start by telling me how you forgot to mention that your brother, scratch that, your twin brother, is in back in town! It's been like a year since I last saw him, and man, he is just... wow. So much hotter in real life than in magazines."

"Ew, Jess that's my brother we're talking about. Remember, the one who dumped a bucket of mud down your shirt? And seriously, I though we talked about not ready those trashy magazine." I crossed my arms. It was weird to think that my brother's life was out there for the public.

"Don't change the subject Allie. This is not about my hypothetical gossip addiction. This is about the fact that your drool worthy brother is in town and you didn't mention it to me!"

I sighed; this was not a conversation I wanted to get into.

"Wait, aren't you excited?" Jess questioned when she noticed my hesitancy.

"It's not exactly a friendly visit," I explained, "my father also is here." Jess gasped. She knew about my rocky relationship with my father.

"What does he want?" she asked.

"Nothing actually." That's what really bothered me. "He came because Aaron had some news to tell us."

"And? Is it bad?"

"Not really. It's actually pretty exciting. Aaron decided to go back on the road and he invited us to go along with him." I said, allowing some excitement to fill my voice. It had been a year since my brother had performed publically.

"And your parents? Are they going?"

"I think so," I answered, the previously excitement evaporating.

"Well I think that's good. Maybe your dad is trying to make things up to you." I scoffed at that,

"No way will that happen. He probably is going for some business thing, although I have no clue why. Aaron isn't even headlining." Jess perked up at that.

"Whom is he touring with? Anyone I would know?"

"Probably," I chuckled. Jess knew almost every band, famous or up and coming. So it wasn't a surprise to me, when I told her that Aaron would be touring with Empire, that I nearly lost my hearing due to her screams.

"NO FREAKIN' WAY! YOU GET TO SPEND YOUR SUMMER WITH EMPIRE?"

"Let me guess..."

"THEY'RE MY FAVORITE BAND..." I let her scream and go completely fangirl on me. Her joy was a little contagious and I found it hard not to smile. After a while, she calmed down a little, "you are so freakin' lucky Allie," she said matter of factly. If only I felt the same way.