Tigerpaw

"Swiftbreeze?" Tigerpaw called. "Swiftbreeze?" His brown tabby-and-white StarClan cat was nowhere to be seen. Tigerpaw peered around the corner. A flickering shape was around the bend. "Swiftbreeze? Is that you?"

Suddenly, a cat jumped on him front behind. The tom was huge! A large brown tabby with gleaming amber eyes. It hissed, screeching, "Kill your father! Thistleclaw should be your mentor!"

A familiar ghost sprinted into sight. She had patches of brown tabby, and beautifully gleaming eyes. Swiftbreeze leapt on the ghost, throwing him off. "Go back to the Dark Forest, Tigerstar!" she yowled. "It's not your place yet!"

"What was that about?" Tigerpaw asked, confused. "And what's the Dark Forest?"

"That's a conversation for another time, kitten," she mewed softly. "Why have you come to me? Blues-fur isn't here."

"I-I've been seeing ghosts. A ginger tabby, a white one with gray spots, a black one- he helped me across the gorge. And he called me Tigerstar - why? That other tom, Tigerstar, you called him, too - he looked like me. And what's the Dark Forest. Will I never go to StarClan? Will I be a ghost? Will- what- why- how-"

He was cut off by Swiftbreeze's gentle mew. "Kitten, there is nothing wrong with you. You can see ghosts, and ghosts that may happen or would have happened for some event - that's why you saw Flashnose, Daisytoe, and Rooktail."

Tigerpaw let out a sigh of relief. There was nothing wrong with him after all. But wait. He turned back to Swiftbreeze. "Daisytoe asked me to find the blue-furred one. What does that mean?" But Swiftbreeze was already gone. Perhaps he'd have to figure this one out on his own.