Chapter 1: Complex

He brings me in all sorts of dangers, but, it's not his fault, it's mine. He doesn't even know I exist, and that is also my fault.

I cannot explain my obsession over this guy. When I first saw him, I thought he was an angel. He had white hair and pale skin. His angelic beauty blinded me. Now that he has dyed his hair black and looks even more beautiful.

Let me remind you, I am the biggest liar. I don't actually know how his face looks like. Crazy, right? I can't look at his face and if I did, my heart would explode. I took so many pictures of him and each time I tried to look at his face, I fainted. No, I am not exaggerating, I really did faint.

Now if you ask how am I blinded by his beauty if I never saw his face? Well actually I did, but just for a few seconds. I was standing far away from him so I couldn't see his exact face features.

I may not know his face, but I know his height, weight, blood type- How? Well...

I spend all of my 1 year saves to pay someone to bring me his identity file which contains all of his personal information. When I read it, I cried for 1 week straight. First of all, because of his past story. And second of all, because of his illness. He can't feel any emotion nor empathy. So my chances of becoming his lover are zero.

To be honest, I'm disgusted by myself. I'm a stalker. It's funny how I realize all these wrong things I'm doing but I don't even try to change myself. No, I think it's too late to change! I already gave up my photography dreams to become an investigator just to get more closer to him.

This job isn't easy at all, it's like a softer version of the military. My parents were the ones who helped me pass the entrance exams since they're well known and respected scientists at CCG Research Labs. -And because they're rich. I know, I'm such a spoiled brat.

And what fighting skills do I have? None. I can't even hold a weapon properly. All I can do is run and hide. But they're both useless anyway since a ghoul can run faster than a human and they can track your smell.

But most importantly, I'm a fool. It all started when today I followed him around the city. I took numerous photos of him, like usually. He then started to walk on shady streets. He obviously had an investigation but I'm stupid so I decided to follow him. All of a sudden I lost his track. It was too dark to see. So I had no choice but to go back.

But...

A very tall and slender male ghoul attacked me. Without saying any words, he brutally stabbed my abdomen with his kangune. That's all I remember.

And how am I alive? Good question. How am I alive? Honestly, I can't even imagine how is that possible. I'm sitting here on a hospital bed waiting for someone to come, to give me an answer. I think I waited for an hour. Why isn't anyone coming to check on me?

I could get up, but I shouldn't do that. I got stabbed in the abdomen so I don't want to make my injury worse by standing up.

All of a sudden I hear some footsteps. Finally, someone is coming!

The door slowly opens. My dad peeks to check the room. He notices I'm awake so he comes inside. My mom is behind him.

"Honey!" My father runs to my bed.

"Father... What happened?" I ask him.

"Nothing bad, you're fine." He gets nervous.