15: Where Do We Go From Here?

Fact;

rabbits are actually very social, living in groups from anywhere up to 20 individuals.

knowing this, you couldn't stop smiling at the massive progress your shy bunny has made

"Wait, so let me get this straight.." Your uncle Warren from your mother's side, continued with his snide remarks, taking a rather large bite out of his dinner roll. "You're a snow leopard?"

"That is correct, sir." Hoseok forced yet another polite smile, his food long gone cold as he respectfully participated in the most annoying interrogation you have ever had to sit through.

"If you're a snow leopard.. shouldn't you be in the fridge or something?" The man chuckled, a few of the idiots around him joining in. He genuinely stopped to wait for an answer. Even went as far as to add, "well son, aren’t you?" when Hoseok didn't respond because he thought the man was actually joking. 

You watched the look of confusion turn to annoyance on your leopard's face, his tail under the table hitting his chair in aggravation. Jimin who sat beside him, stewed in his own offended rage. 

"No sir," Hoseok bit through his teeth. "I need the cold climate but I don't have to live in a… fridge.. twenty-four hours a day because of my human genetics."

"Should we get you some ice cubes then?" Your cousin—Constance or something, you couldn't be bothered to remember—chimed in as she took a bite of her steak. "Maid, fetch that one some ice cubes."

"That won't be necessary," you cut everyone off, managing to stop the bark on the tip of Jimin's tongue, Hoseok's clapback, the maid who had turned to do her job, and your cunt of a cousin from opening her mouth for the remainder of dinner.

"Honestly though, Y/n, aren't you afraid to sleep with them under the same roof? No offense, but they are—well—predators." Victoria frowned, touching her fingers to the jewels at her neck. "I'm sorry, Nadine, but I don't think the children and I will be staying at the lake house this time. I've already made arrangements at a resort nearby.”

Your mother’s lively conversation with your grandfather paused, confusion twisting her pristine face. "Don't be absurd, you always stay here," Nadine started off, offended. "Don't let them chase you from your home. Besides, if they were going to eat something, they would have eaten the rabbit and cat already.” 

Jungkook’s head popped up at the mention of him, mouth full of salad as he stopped mid-chew. 

“Gordon," Nadine called to one of the men by the door, the butler scurrying at her call. "Move Victoria's room closer to mine and take care of that cancellation fee for the resort."

With a frown, you looked over each of your hybrids before hesitantly clearing your throat, drawing the attention to you. "I'm sorry, mother.. Which cat are you referring to?" You slowly asked, pushing the vegetables around your plate nervously.

"Such a stupid question. The fluffy house cat," she flicked a hand at Jimin who nearly choked on his water. 

Jungkook's face was the definition of someone about to pop, face gone red with quivering shoulders, doing his best to hold back his peel of laughter. Even Namjoon and Seokjin had to turn their heads and cover their mouths to hide their expressions. You knew if Yoongi had joined dinner instead of locking himself up in the air conditioned room, he would have made a snappy remark to embarrass the poor boy further and lighten the mood.

"I'm a fox, lady!" Jimin barked, all pleasantries lost. The color of your face drained while Jimin’s mottled, his tail flicking behind him as his ears flattened in warning.