❥𝟭↬𝗦𝗺𝗶𝗹𝗲

• • • • • • • • • • •
𝓢𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷 𝓦𝓮𝓮𝓴𝓼 𝓛𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓻
• • • • • • • • • • •

"Fred, I want you to take good care of her whilst I'm gone, alright?"

You smiled, hearing Brian's voice echo from the hallway outside of your bedroom. It was a rather cold morning, so you were laying comfortably between the sheets, kept warm by both the blankets and the heater in the room.

Though it was very comforting to hear your husband's voice, it also saddened you, for it only reminded you that things weren't as they had once been.

Brian was going out to do some shopping for the house, and there had once been a time where you'd have done that together. Shopping for the house had always been an activity that you enjoyed as a couple, mostly because you played around whenever you visited the shopping centers. People often stopped to admire the playful lovers you were, and it was always the sweetest thing.

Now, however, it was very different.

These days, you could barely get out of bed in the mornings, especially when it was cold - your body was just too exhausted.

And it went without saying, the pain ravaged you. However, it would all end soon enough, and as morbid as the thought was, that idea brought you a mild sense of comfort.

"Bri, you already know you can trust me," Freddie could be heard responding.

"Just....I just...I..."

Tears formed in your eyes as you heard him break down, making you turn your head away. You felt utterly guilty, knowing how it was tearing Brian apart - but at the same time, you knew that you wanted to remember him when you did close your eyes for a final time.

You wanted to remember the boys, not the pain.

Biting your lip, you tried to shut out the sounds of Brian's grief, forcing yourself to shut down until you heard Freddie enter the room again, indicating that Brian had left.

When you turned your head to look at Freddie, you could see that he was hastily brushing some of his tears away, hoping to make it appear as though he hadn't been crying at all.

"Hey, Precious Bean," he forced a smile, walking over to you with a light sniffle. "I thought you were asleep," he sat down on the chair that was placed beside your bed.

In the recent weeks, the other three boys came over to visit a whole lot more, even staying the night on several occasions - just to be able to spend time with you.

It was both joyful and grim - joyful because you loved being with the boys, but grim because the reason behind their constant visits was something you all preferred not to bring up too often.

"You're crying," you whispered sadly, staring at him as he looked at you.

"What?" he reacted a little too dramatically, giving the game away. "What are you talking about?" he rolled his eyes, only for them to tear up again under your gaze.

"You know you can't lie to me, Fred," you replied.

He broke, albeit very silently. A grimace formed on his lips as his eyes turned red, his hands reaching out to take yours.

It was obvious that he was trying his best not to collapse into fits of sobs, but he wasn't trying to hide his distress anymore.

Then, very subtly, he nodded, making you tear up even more.

"Y-You're right, I can't ever lie to you," he swallowed. He brought your hand up to his lips, kissing the back of it as if it were the most precious thing in the world - and to him, it was. "But you already know why,"