❥𝟭𝟬↬𝗙𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝗙𝗿𝗲𝗲

Gradually, the fated time had come, and there were no words to describe the grim feeling that lingered in those days that led up to the one that the boys called the worst they would ever know.

There had been countless arguments along the way, regarding the boys' desire to help you and be there with you when it ended, even if it got them into trouble.

However, you'd still been mentally strong enough to stand your ground, and with heavy hearts, they had agreed not to be there during those final moments, even if it destroyed them to do so.

On the set date, though, everyone tried to behave as if nothing was wrong. From the very first few hours of the morning, the boys had planned quite the day for you, aiming to make as many beautiful last memories as they could, even if they were breaking on the inside.

And you put on your best smile as well, even though the pain was putting you through the worst agony you had ever experienced. Saving your daily doses of medication had meant that you stopped taking anything to manage the pain, with the intention to administer the collective doses at once - so the days leading up to the final one had been fairly difficult.

But not as difficult as it would have been if you'd agreed to wait out your last two months - for even with medication, you would have been subjected to far worse physical pain.

The current pain was tolerable, even if it was pretty bad.

You could still laugh and smile with the boys, and that's how you wanted to remember your final moments.

Everyone had only been pretending to be strong, however, because by the time the afternoon took over, the grim reality had begun to set in again.

The plan was for you to do it in the evening, for it was during the evening when you had first met the boys. The date and time was set to also coincide with the moment you'd first met the boys, making it heavy with tragic meaning.

Shortly before the time had come, you'd shared an incredibly emotional and raw moment with the boys, one where you all embraced each other as if there was no tomorrow - because there was no tomorrow. Once that night was to be over, the boys knew they would never be able to see you again, so their final moments with you were very expressive.

The fashion in which your medication worked was structured in such a way that it took roughly thirty minutes to start taking effect, even with an overdose - as per your research.

So even after you were to take it, you would have a fair amount of time before you eventually fell drowsy enough to sleep - only this time, you would never wake up.

Brian had had to force the boys to leave with him, and even though it had broken your heart, you'd retreated to your bedroom alone, only doing it once you'd heard the front door close.

The boys had been asked to venture as far from the house as possible, for the evening, just so that they wouldn't appear to be involved in any way.

You slowly sat down on the mattress, having only just taken the medication you had saved up. Tears streamed down your face as you heard the boys' car driving away, for you knew that you would never be able to hug them again.

As you lowered your head, you could have sworn you'd heard the front door open and close again - but you couldn't have been sure. With the amount of medication you had just consumed, you suspected that perhaps you'd heard something that wasn't there.

Perhaps it was the grief that had rendered you in that state.

But you swiftly realized that you had heard correctly when you looked up to see a figure appear at the doorway - the figure of your husband. Your eyes widened, but the look on his face indicated that he had planned to stay all along.