❥𝟲↬𝗦𝗼𝗼𝗻 𝗘𝗻𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵

"Can we talk?"

You straightened up even further, closing the album slowly as you nodded, not knowing whether John was angry or not. He looked like he might have been furious, but not with you.

He released a quiet sigh, entering the room before pulling the door shut. For a brief moment, he stood there, staring at you sadly, only for him to walk over to where you were laying. Very carefully, he settled down at the edge of the mattress, eyes focused on you.

"Sweetheart..." he began, bringing a barely visible, but still real, smile to your lips.

It was funny how one term could define the energy of a whole conversation.

"I need to apologize, and I don't really know where to start," he moved to stare at his hands. "There were...things I said, that I should never have said, neither should I have said it in the way I did. I was so wrong...and I can understand if you never want to speak to me again - but I had to apologize. I'm...so, so-"

"John, stop," you breathed, reaching out to take his hand as tears formed in your eyes all over again.

He looked up at you, quite surprised that you weren't still upset with him - but you had never been upset with him in the first place. The only thing that you disapproved of was how he had spoken of himself and the boys doing what you never even wanted to think about.

"I'm sorry," you whispered, causing him to appear even more confused.

Even when you had clearly held your fault in what had happened, he still believed that you could do no wrong.

"I should never have put my hands on you the way I did - I still can't accept that I did that," you swallowed. "I just....lost sight of my balance when you...said...that you-" you stopped yourself, not even wanting to verbally acknowledge what John had said.

And the bassist was well aware of that. He squeezed your hand with a soft smile. "You may disagree, but I think you had every right to have done what you did. Honestly, I didn't even mind it, just as long as it was you that had struck me," he couldn't hold back a snicker. "I know Rog's dumbass wanted to laugh when you did that,"

"DAMN RIGHT I WANTED TO LAUGH AT YOUR BITCHASS, DEACY," Roger bellowed from outside, taking you by complete surprise.

"SHUT THE F*** UPPP!" Freddie dragged, audibly hitting Roger upside the head.

"Nice one, Rog. You really are the gift that just keeps on giving," Brian added.

You stared at the closed door for a few seconds, eventually turning back to gaze at John, who wore a guilty smile on his face.

"I kinda asked them to be there for moral support, just in case you were still mad at me," John admitted like a little boy.

"NO, BEING A BITCH IS WHAT YOU WERE," Roger yelled at the bassist.

John sighed, his expression turning monotonous. "No one ASKED FOR YOUR RUNNING COMMENTARY!" he yelled right back, making you jump slightly.

"John, you're supposed to be apologizing to (Y/N), not asking for another slap!" Brian chastised, loud enough for John to hear.

"You guys do know that you can come in, right?" you laughed.

Only a second after you'd said that, the door flew open, the work of Roger's eagerness to be wherever you were - just as it was the case for the other two.

Freddie and Roger pushed past each other, shoving one another as they entered the room, but Brian followed behind, walking at a bit of a distance. You shared a fleeting gaze with him, one that was void of emotion, but one that indicated that you both knew you needed to talk, later on - privately.