❥𝟴↬𝗜 𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗬𝗼𝘂

After several hours, things had calmed down a little - but the tension was still thicker than it had ever been.

Roger had managed to bring Brian back down to the living room, and though your husband's eyes were red, he didn't look at you with the anger that you'd anticipated.

However he didn't take his seat next to you - he settled on the sofa that rested across from the one you were on, Roger seated next to him.

Freddie and John remained by your side, and everyone sat there in pure silence for God knew how long.

The tension was so overbearing that no one even wanted to look at each other, because far too many emotions could be felt with a single glance.

But in the tense silence, there was also the reaffirmation that you would not change your mind. You knew what you wanted, and you wanted your last moments to be clothed with the ability to remember the boys you loved dearly - you were not going to let your last moments be clouded with nothing but the pain. No, you wanted to be able to remember the boys when you closed your eyes for the last time - you didn't want to die a completely different person, and that's what the pain would have turned you into by the end of it all.

The boys wordlessly acknowledged that silent reaffirmation, and though Brian wanted to deny it - he had no choice but to acknowledge it as well.

After what had felt like an eternity, Freddie finally broke the silence with a sombre tone.

"What do you want us to do, tomorrow?" he turned to look at you.

You inhaled sharply, fiddling with your fingers. "I...want it to happen in the evening," you struggled to speak, for you never thought you'd ever be uttering those words in that regard. "So I...want us to spend the day together," you whispered.

The other three boys - that was, excluding your husband - had decided to keep a brave face, knowing that it would only be a waste of time to have kept crying about it.

Roger nodded, approaching it with courage.

"Alright, that sounds like a plan," he cleared his throat. "What shall we do for the day?" he put an arm around Brian as the guitarist covered his mouth with his hands, slowly recovering from his distress.

"Let's do something fun," John suggested. "Something memorable, that we won't ever forget,"

Roger nodded, and Freddie moved to look at you again.

"Where would you like to go?" he asked softly.

You stared at Freddie for a few moments, after which your gaze slowly drifted to Brian. Finally, your husband's eyes met yours, and there was a drawn-out period where time felt as if it had stopped.

At first, you couldn't tell whether Brian was gazing at you with fury or tenderness, but when he removed his hands from the lower half of his face, you saw that it was the latter.

He seemed to have read your mind, and when he nodded ever so slightly, your lips curled into a subtle smile.

Tears formed in your eyes as you steadily directed your gaze back to Freddie, that subtle smile still visible.

"I'd like us to go to the beach," you whispered.

Roger and John smiled, knowing what significance that place held for all of you. It was where you had all been when Brian had finally plucked up the courage to propose to you - and the boys had been there to help him.

It was where the sunshine never faded, and where the happiest moments stayed eternal. It was where youth would always flourish, even when eons had long passed. That special place, in your mind, was where night never fell, because only light illuminated that paradise.